Disc number sorting doesn't work

@conversionbox wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

@banty wrote:

Hello,

I like using slashes because it’s the short way of saying “__ out of __”. It also looks a lot neater. Also doesn’t the fuze sort by the first digits and ignores the slash of the track tag so it wouldn’t matter if there was or not? I’m not going through 1000+ songs of retagging in a format I don’t even like.

In software the field “disk” is a _number_. A number cannot contain a slash. Point.

You have tagged your files in a non conform way so you have to deal with it. The problem seems to be the software you used to tag your files. That one should not allow non-numbering characters in the number fields. I cannot see an error in the firmware of the Fuze, sorry.

Ciao banty

Both winamp and itunes recognizes the slash and orders it. Or maybe that’s because slashes are only recognizable in the track field?

Dont take this the wrong way, but I feel like it needs to be said. Just because Winamp and Itunes do something, doesnt mean the fuze can. I mean the programs I use will play gapless but the fuze wont, they will read any tag version, the fuze wont. Just because the slash works on your PC does not mean the fuze will recognize them. Keep in mind how pickey the fuze is with things other than music, its the same way with tags.

Wouldn’t it read the first character at least though? If I have songs with the disc tag 1/2, it should read the 1 like it does when displaying track info. If I have songs with the disc tag 2/2, it should read the 2 and put them after the songs with the 1/2 tag.