Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Deleting MediaMonkey Library

I want to purge all the material from my MediaMonkey Library and start from scratch. So that I can use the Fuze Replay Gain with material that is new to MM.

How do I purge the library

Thanks

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Deleting MediaMonkey Library

[ Edited ]

Under File is Clear Library, which empties the listing but doesn't delete the files, if that's what you want to do (and then work on the albums with Replay Gain).

Or to delete the files themselves,  how about going to Library, highlighting everything, and clicking Delete?

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

I said "delete library" and "purge". I did not say anything about listings. Now purge, well, you know when you ingest certain poisons, they give you something and you puke your guts out so there's nothing in them. Well I mean that. I mean get rid of the files so I can replace them. Restore the situation that existed before any files were put in

I also tried Add/Remove Tracks; nothing readily apparent about removing them

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@SpacePatroller wrote:

I said "delete library" and "purge". I did not say anything about listings. Now purge, well, you know when you ingest certain poisons, they give you something and you puke your guts out so there's nothing in them. Well I mean that. I mean get rid of the files so I can replace them. Restore the situation that existed before any files were put in

I also tried Add/Remove Tracks; nothing readily apparent about removing them

If you want to delete the actual music files themselves, then go to the directory that they're located in and delete everything in the folder.  If you need the location of the directory, then on the column heading, with all your music showing, right-click and select "path".  A column named "path" will appear that will tell you where each and every song is.

Before doing this, have backups of these files since they will be deleted from your computer. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

You've got a great attitude for someone who can't handle a simple program.

I guess you didn't make it to the last part of my previous post. Highlight all the files in the Library. Right-click. Look for the word "Remove." (Or hit the Delete key.) 

Feel free to look  up "Remove" if you don't understand what it means.

It will give you the choice of removing the listing or deleting the file from your computer.  Deleting a library means different things for various users. Some people might want to leave the files but not have Media Monkey play with them.

Here's some additional help.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Black-Rectangle wrote:

I guess you didn't make it to the last part of my previous post. Highlight all the files in the Library. Right-click. Look for the word "Remove." (Or hit the Delete key.) 

It will give you the choice of removing the listing or deleting the file from your computer.  Deleting a library means different things for various users. Some people might want to leave the files but not have Media Monkey play with them.

Smiley   Smiley

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Black-Rectangle wrote:

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520