Database update and sdhc card swapping

Hello,

I’m about to buy a Fuze and I just have a question about operation.

I want to have seperate collections of music on different micro sdhc cards that I can quickly swap depending on my use.

I expect when you swap an sdhc card then the internal Fuse database needs to refresh.

Does it go through this process completely every time or is the data cached and it only needs to make a quick update?

If I have a 4 or 5 2GB or 4GB cards that I swap fairly often am I going to notice a big downtime every swap for the refresh?

I’d much appreciate some experienced user to give some rough estimates about what to expect.

Thanks,

Chris :slight_smile:

I’m guessing the 2GB card will refresh in maybe 2 - 3 min. and 3 - 4 for the 4GB. Of course this is assuming that they are full, or nearly so. It will also depend on the number of tracks, or files you have on them. More, smaller files will take longer to refresh than larger, but less files.

It’s been a while since I used these sizes for music. They hold my videos now. I’ve graduated to an 8GB card that took approx. 5 minutes and then to the 16GB one that I’m using at present. It takes 7 - 8 minutes. I don’t remember exactly; it’s been too long since I timed it.

Ok. Thanks.

The main thing is to know it’ll take some minutes when I switch a card.

So I shouldn’t do it by accident if I don’t want to wait a while.

Chris :slight_smile: