DVD's to Fuze

I recently purchased a Fuze, 8gb silver, and I looked here on this forum for ideas and tips.  I found that my personal DVD’s may be tranferred to my Fuze with some third party software.

I followed the advice of the learned forum and acquired AnyDVConverter and installed it.  I took a DVD and, running in demo mode, I converted 3 minutes of video in AVI format.  I then tried to run SMC to convert to Fuze and SMC said that AVI was not a supportted format.  I also tried MP4 and WMV with the same results.

I am running XP with SP3 and I am just about ready to regret ever purchasing this thing.

It is techinically illegal to decrypt DVD’s in that manner, so by nature, its going to be VERY hard to do. I have to run my DVD’s through many programs.

DVD decrypter decrypts it into a unencrypted VOB file, then any video converter, converts it to a format SMC can read, then I run it through SMC. Converting a movie all the way through takes about 6 hours.

Don’t expect something like this to be easy. I spent a few weeks finding softwares that worked.

@swords wrote:

It is techinically illegal to decrypt DVD’s in that manner, so by nature, its going to be VERY hard to do. I have to run my DVD’s through many programs.

DVD decrypter decrypts it into a unencrypted VOB file, then any video converter, converts it to a format SMC can read, then I run it through SMC. Converting a movie all the way through takes about 6 hours.

Don’t expect something like this to be easy. I spent a few weeks finding softwares that worked.

Actually this is not illegal. What would be illegal would be to put your DVD on your friends player. IF you put it on your player you are fine. Its like watching the movie on one TV and then going to another TV. 

@tomr wrote:

I recently purchased a Fuze, 8gb silver, and I looked here on this forum for ideas and tips.  I found that my personal DVD’s may be tranferred to my Fuze with some third party software.

I followed the advice of the learned forum and acquired AnyDVConverter and installed it.  I took a DVD and, running in demo mode, I converted 3 minutes of video in AVI format.  I then tried to run SMC to convert to Fuze and SMC said that AVI was not a supportted format.  I also tried MP4 and WMV with the same results.

I am running XP with SP3 and I am just about ready to regret ever purchasing this thing.

Uninstall SMC delete the install file and then redownload and install it. It should take AVI and mpeg files just fine. You may need to look for a different software that works better for you.

Thanks, I think I will give it one more try before I throw in the towel.  I do not feel like investing a great deal of time in this process.  It might almost be cheaper to buy the movies I want fron Sandisk and call it a day.  Certainly less time invested and we all know that time is money.

Thanks Again.

Tom