SanDisk User

Re: DUMB FUZE OWNERS

As the mod of what is formerly the biggest iriver English user forum, an member of the semi-official iriver chinese forum and an long time iriver user, I can tell those of you who think Sandisk tech support sucks have yet to know what a truly bad tech support can be. For the last few year, iriver users outside of Korea get close to no support, even with the latest products. At least here you get to PM sansafix and have real answers from time to time.
SanDisk Fanatic

Took the words right out of my mouth, ClieOS.

Where's the Apple forum where average Joe Customer can talk to developers/engineers and/or support?!?!

The Creative forum?

The Sony forum?

The Toshiba forum?

The Microsoft forum?

Big part of the reason I went Sansa.

I really do feel for the View owners, though. Come on Sansa, fix the product.

Almost bought a View, but prefered the smaller size of the Fuze. Had them both in my hand at BestBuy and chose the Fuze.

I disagree that not releasing FW for an old player won't score customers. Doing things like that is how a company attracts and keep "Fanboys". Smiley Wink

Being known as the company that abandons its' players/customers is certainly NOT a good thing. If it is still on the shelf at BestBuy, you should be supporting it. Period.

I told you, they can't, but they want to.
SanDisk Professor

@Peregrine wrote:

Being known as the company that abandons its' players/customers is certainly NOT a good thing. If it is still on the shelf at BestBuy, you should be supporting it. Period.

In theory that sounds good, but the reality of it is that the company that sells five times as many MP3 players than all their customers combined "abandons" its product (adds no new features) on a regular basis (typically annually). To say that this extra post-sales effort gains market share doesn't correlate with reality.

I'm not complaining by any means, though! I'm amazed at the effort that Sandisk takes in post-sales feature support, and I certainly point this out when people are looking for a new MP3 player.

SanDisk Fanatic

I'm not saying it creates more market share, but it does go along way to create brand loyalty.

@yelped wrote:

You've said that a couple of times now, but you have not provided anything to back up or verify that statement.

Do you have inside information that SanDisk's own tech support people do not know about? Do you work for SanDisk? Can you post any links to any official documents or statements made by SanDisk that say that?

Without providing any other means of being able to verify your statement then all we can do is consider it as just more rumor, hearsay, or pure speculation or conjecture on your part.

SanDisk Guru

@miltst wrote:

@yelped wrote:

You've said that a couple of times now, but you have not provided anything to back up or verify that statement.

Do you have inside information that SanDisk's own tech support people do not know about? Do you work for SanDisk? Can you post any links to any official documents or statements made by SanDisk that say that?

Without providing any other means of being able to verify your statement then all we can do is consider it as just more rumor, hearsay, or pure speculation or conjecture on your part.

Thats all anybody has. Until Sandisk releases its next player they wont discontinue the View officially, but anyone who has watched it at all would see that they have in practice discontinued the View. They want to support the player but if they do then maybe that hurts the development of the next player.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Senior User

@Conversionbox wrote:

@miltst wrote:

@yelped wrote:

Thats all anybody has. Until Sandisk releases its next player they wont discontinue the View officially, but anyone who has watched it at all would see that they have in practice discontinued the View. They want to support the player but if they do then maybe that hurts the development of the next player.

How would that affect the new player. Tech and Tech Support does not affect/effect how/if a player is made
SanDisk Guru

@Pahunter wrote:

@Conversionbox wrote:

@miltst wrote:

@yelped wrote:

How would that affect the new player. Tech and Tech Support does not affect/effect how/if a player is made

Firmware support DOES matter with a new player. And After all isnt that all the view owners want? An Update? Call tech support with an issue on your View, if the player is supposed to do it then they will help you.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Guru

Pahunter wrote:

Maybe the people who develop the new products are the same ones who work on firmware updates. Since they can't do two things at once, new products take priority.

Not an optimal arrangement from our (the customers) point of view, but more economical for them, most likely.