Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: DIY Line Out Cable - Works!

ClieOS, Very Nice!!! AAA+!!! Very well written with excellent presentation. Wow, you are a pro! Good to see another sucessful build - with a fantastic how-to! And I'm diggin' those mini-amps too!
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Can be a ? for anyone.If the line out may be a bit better would there be a benefit to put rca jacks on the diy cord to hook up to a stereo or other device?
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

You could substitute the stereo mini plug with RCA jacks. Cable will be the same, just with different connectors.
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Anyone get their conn. from Ridax?If so can someone help with placement of wires on their conn.Thx
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

ClieOS has built his v2 cable with a Ridax connector. Go to

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/sansa-fuzes-diylod-guide-56k-407873/

for pics and info. Note that his cables are for portable amp connection, so you may not want that type of cable. He does show some very nice pics of the Ridax connector and his assembly stages.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Ok thx for the info.Just to pass along to others the conn from Ridax came in less than a week.I live in midwest and I believe the conn. came from Sweden.I ordered some other cables fom the States at the same time and I received both packages the same day!!!.AAAA+++++ for Ridax.
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah, I have finished writing up the Fuze diyLOD v1 and v2 mod (plus a few fact regarding AS3525 and the Line-out signal), just check the link in 14124all's post above.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks ClieOS you did a great job with all the pictures and a great "easy to understand" procedure.Excellent work!
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

( I am not really good in editing, Math is somewhat better) 

Charly

best wishes and happy soldering

rotten Apples!!!

After that experience you never again would have the wish to buy one of those

Headphones you should not miss to listen to a breeze of Sound from the little Fuze!!!

Annother interesting hint: If one of you has ever the chance, to get close to some BOSE QC3 Noise cancelling

For that you can easily use the originally supplied cable that comes with the player.

The units are well communicating via the USB controlled interfaces.

All that You need is a Stereo-set  with an USB-Interface.

If I want to charge the Unit, I am eather using the computer USB-interface or a plugin wall charger with an USB interface.

than usual.

Reason: I am using a Sansa Fuze with natural supplied cable on my Stereo equipment if I want to listen to the files a bit louder

I have been reading through this pages a while and did not really catch the problems with all this wiring and cables!

Hi all

Message Edited by charly on 04-21-2009 06:56 AM
Message Edited by charly on 04-21-2009 07:11 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Anyone have a Sansa LOD for sale?