DIY Line Out Cable - Works!

@skinjob wrote:

The heaphone out is definitely clean, the issue is really just the lower level.  I use it to connect to my car’s head unit and it sounds pretty good.  However, to get a decent level, I have to MP3Gain to 92dB, boost the Fuze’s EQ about halfway up across all freqencies and set the gain on the head unit’s line-in to max.  With all that, I get a level appoximately the same as playing a CD in the head unit.  Despite all the boosting, it still sounds suprisingly good.  But surely a true line source with no EQ on the Fuze and no/moderate gain on the head unit’s input would be a lot better.

Jumping in out of curiosity, since I have no dock or interest in one, but I’ve always found that using the EQ lowered the overall output. However, I’ve never boosted them in a “flat” configuration either.  So connecting my Fuze(and Clip) I’ve been finding that as long as your rips are decent, then using the headphone out ,just EQ “normal” and max the player’s volume works fine. That’s both with the 3.5-AUX jack in a car, and 3.5-RCA in my home set-up. It’s a little hit on your battery life if you’re not hookedto a charger at the same time, but it’s not too bad with the Fuze, anyways.