Curiosity poll - What format do you use & why?

No, I haven’t really settled on what program to use yet.  One thought is WMP is already on my computer, easy to use, & tags well, so maybe vbr WMA.  Another thought is, it would be nice to use MP3 for battery life.  I was thinking vbr MP3s, but WMP doesn’t do them.  Maybe cbr MP3s at 192kbps.  Or, I had downloaded MediaMonkey a while back because I wanted to use the ReplayGain feature for shuffle play, but last night when I tried to rip a cd it said the free version won’t rip any more because it’s over 30 days old.  Without using the program more I’m not sure I want to spend money on it.  I don’t know.  It might ■■■■.  It did seem at bit more complicated to use.  I also don’t know if you can still use the ReplayGain feature with the free version.  Yet another thought was that a lot of people mentioned EAC.  That it’s free & does a good job.  I don’t know.  To us non-techies this is getting a bit baffling.  :cry:  Too many choices!  Which reminds me, I might start another thread about ReplayGain.  Thanks again guys!  Keep it coming.  :stuck_out_tongue: