Crash when pressing Home-Button

Hi,

my Fuze quite regularly crashes, when I press the home button after listening to music for a while. (~30 - 45min) Sometimes the screen turns plain white, sometimes it just freezes.

I just got it last Thursday, so it´s still brand new. It is an 8GB Fuze running Firmware V02.03.31P.

Is there any known solution to this issue?

Regards Nico

Message Edited by Trommelbohne on 02-22-2010 05:23 AM

Trommelbohne wrote:

Hi,

my Fuze quite regularly crashes, when I press the home button after listening to music for a while. (~30 - 45min) Sometimes the screen turns plain white, sometimes it just freezes.

I just got it last Thursday, so it´s still brand new. It is an 8GB Fuze running Firmware V02.03.31P.

Is there any known solution to this issue?

Yes. Return it & get another one.

Any other possibilities? Or is that all I can do?

Greetz

Reformat both internal and microSD card memories, reinstall firmware, wipe all music off and add smaller chunks of files back in.   The problem could be a corrupt music file, corrupt firmware, or bad memory.

If those fail, then you probably need a new unit.

Try pressing the button more gently, and on the right side rather than the left. You may be dislodging the microSD, which causes the reboot.

But if it’s that new, return it. 

I have no Micro-SD Card inserted, so that should not be the problem. I tried formatting and copying only a very limited number of tracks to the player, but it´s still crashing. Seems like I´m going to have to return it. :frowning: