Computer will not recognize my Sansa fuze

Hello my Sansa fuze is not being recognized by my computer anymore it was working fine two days ago and now it will not recognize it. I have had to charge it through a wall charger because it wont work on my computer. My USB ports are working just fine they pick up my flash drives when I use them so I don’t understand why it wont pick up my fuze. Could it also have something to do with Mcafee because I noticed this after I had installed it on my computer for virus protection. Any ideas because i really would like to add music and charge my player but it wont pick it up.

Aha!  If I could only get my users at work to tell me up front what they changed before the problem started!

Try disabling McAfee.  Try to connect.

If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling McAfee, then connecting.

@tenzip wrote:

Aha!  If I could only get my users at work to tell me up front what they changed before the problem started!

Try disabling McAfee.  Try to connect.

If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling McAfee, then connecting.

There is a slim chance that it is the virus protection. More likely is that the USB mode changed. McAfee could be blocking the MTP connection.

ok so if its the MTP connection then how to i go through mcafee to ulock it im new to mcafee so i dont no how to turm things on and off yet???

I dont know about Mcafee. I am a Norton Anti-Virus User. Try switching to MSC mode, and see if it connects. If it does then you know you have a problem with MTP.

ok so i switched modes and it is now charging and the usb is picking my player up so can i keep the player in that mode?? or does it have to stay in MTP

You can leave it in MSC. MSC works like an USB drive–to put music on the Fuze, or remove it, you just drag-and-drop the album.  Make a folder, like My Music, and just put them in there. I prefer it because you can see exactly what’s going on. 

MTP mode lets Windows Media Player control the unit. If you want to do that, you’re going to have to get MTP working again. Try reinstalling Windows Media Player 10 or 11. 

I don’t know McAfee, but try switching to MTP, disabling McAfee briefly, and connecting. Maybe once WMP has made the connection McAfee will leave it alone. Don’t forget to turn McAfee back on eventually.