Computer telling me I have Zero KB available on my 8 GB Fuze. How?

First of all: I use a Mac, so I don’t have any of the software used to transfer music. I just drag and drop. (this may or may not be relevant, I just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered)

The problem: I just transfered a new album to my player and then deleted some other albums that I wasn’t listening just to free up some space, but down at the bottom of the window, it was telling me that I wasn’t freeing up any space at all. (on a Mac, it tells you how much total space is available down at the bottom of the window) The actual MP3 player was also giving me the message that said “Not enough space for music DB. Please free 90 MB”. So, I unplugged it and re-plugged it in a couple times, but every time I did that, the total free-space slowly got lower and lower until it was telling me that I had Zero KB left. !!! Please help, I have no idea what might have happened or what to do!!! 

Just one more thing to bring up: I read in the FAQ how to get rid of the “free 90 MB” message, but I don’t know how to do it. My mp3 player won’t even turn on, so how am I supposed to format it? Sorry about all of this, but this stupid thing just took a major ■■■■ on me, and I don’t appreciate it at all. :frowning:

New problem: I cleared everything off of the player (backing it up on my computer of course) to figure this thing out. After doing this, I noticed that it now says I have only 2 GB available. It’s empty, and my 8 GB Fuze has now been turned into a 2 GB. How could this possibly happen?? Again, a hundred apologies for all the problems, but I have no clue what to do.

Randomly various.

On the home screen go to settings/ system settings and scroll down to format you can also reset to factory settings.

Lee

P.S I’m still too new  He He…

Message Edited by leemann on 08-13-2009 09:10 PM

@randomlyvarious wrote:

First of all: I use a Mac, so I don’t have any of the software used to transfer music. I just drag and drop. (this may or may not be relevant, I just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered)

The problem: I just transfered a new album to my player and then deleted some other albums that I wasn’t listening just to free up some space, but down at the bottom of the window, it was telling me that I wasn’t freeing up any space at all. (on a Mac, it tells you how much total space is available down at the bottom of the window) The actual MP3 player was also giving me the message that said “Not enough space for music DB. Please free 90 MB”. So, I unplugged it and re-plugged it in a couple times, but every time I did that, the total free-space slowly got lower and lower until it was telling me that I had Zero KB left. !!! Please help, I have no idea what might have happened or what to do!!! 

Not sure if anything here will be of help to you, but it should be required reading for anyone using a nonPod mp3 player with a Mac. :smiley:

Perhaps the player is formatted as FAT? Try formatting it as FAT32. Once you are able to turn on the player, then fomat it again using the player’s format command.