Computer stopped recognizing fuze O_o?

Just yesterday my fuze was working fine, computer detected it and everything was ok. Today I noticed I pluged in my fuze to my computer and all of a sudden it wont recognize it anymore :[. I’m running Windows Xp sp3 by the way. I don’t have any clue why it would stop recognizing it all of a sudden :[. Other then that my fuze works fine though, It charges when I connect to my computer it even says “Connected” O_o? but my computer wont show my fuze on there :\ so I can’t add any more songs :[. I do have a backup of all my music luckily, so if worse comes to worse I guess I can reformat. Any Ideas on what’s going on with my fuze guys? and or maybe my computer that wont recognize it O_o.

Also I have tried all the usb settings in the fuze. I tried MSC, MTP and the auto detect, nada :[. it’s a 4gb V.1 Fuze. no clue whats going on with it :[ or maybe it’s my computer no clue.

Message Edited by Greed on 03-20-2009 03:05 PM

I have a similar problem…on two players -_-. I got windows XP SP3 as well but mine wouldn’t read before. Like you I put them into the computer and they worked one second and the next time it wouldn’t work… I also did all the support things and it didn’t help. well hopefully someone knows what to do…

D: hope soo xD I have some music I want to add but I can’t add anything right now lol. At least everything else is fine with it though. Charges(I think.) and plays fine and everything else works. Just wont be recognized for some reason :-. Worked fine last night though. O_o.

Yah my mp3 is doing that same thing… as for my sisters it has a weird white screen…

I’m sure someone here can help us out, we just have to wait a litle :D. as for your sisters white screen umm I tihnk other people have had that problem and had it fixed. have you tried searching on the forums and finding someone with the same problem and see how they got theirs fixed O_o?

8G Fuze

Previously worked fine since purchase (black Friday, late November).

previously recognized fine on two machines.

XP, and Vista.

This morning the battery was not charged after being connected all night.

Tonight, it won’t boot up even after the re-set function (power switch to on for 10 seconds)

and isn’t recognized by either computer.

No drops, no spills, no temperature extreams.

Mine is still under warranty, i can return it now if I’d want to. I just want to see if maybe there something I can do first to fix it instead of returning it. My biggest fear is that, IF i do return it I hope I don’t get a v2 fuze :[[. I also have noticed that battery isn’t going up after I connected it, but then agiain at least mine turns on :stuck_out_tongue: It just wont be recignized. nothing pops up in my computer it doesn’t even say anything about not recognized. it just doesn’t show up. :-[

@greed wrote:
Mine is still under warranty, i can return it now if I’d want to. I just want to see if maybe there something I can do first to fix it instead of returning it. My biggest fear is that, IF i do return it I hope I don’t get a v2 fuze :[[. I also have noticed that battery isn’t going up after I connected it, but then agiain at least mine turns on :stuck_out_tongue: It just wont be recignized. nothing pops up in my computer it doesn’t even say anything about not recognized. it just doesn’t show up. :-[

Sorry for the Delayed response. Its been kinda busy on my end tonight. If I were you I would plug it in, and go to device manager and try to Roll back or update your USB drivers. If that gives you no response try another PC to see if its your Fuze or your computer, If you can try and get another Cord as that too could be the issue. Also do a physical check of your USB port, make sure there is no dust lint or pet hair in it.

I just noticed something very odd about the way my Fuze is behaving… not sure if anyone else has tried this before, but When I plug the usb through my xbox 360 even when the 360 is off it’ll charge my fuze and I can still listen to music while it charges. I just went to charge it through my 360 again and now all of a sudden is says connected and I can’t use the fuze anymore while it charges. I also noticed that the little lightning thingy on the battery doesn’t appear anymore O_o? I have tried other Usb cables I have 3 of them. 2 from my e200’s and noe from my fuze. Tried all 3 of em on my computer and xbox360 none of em worked. but yeah… I’ll try and do what you told me to do conversion box. I’ll see if I can roll back the or w.e it is u do (think u can tell me how :stuck_out_tongue: I kinda don’t know xD) and also I got my sis lap top here, I’ll try it out on that it’s running Windows Vista something I’ll see if I can get it to work on there. If all those fail you think it might be time to return it :cry: :cry:. :cry:…?

*Edit*

lol sorry for all the edit guys :P. K just pluged it into my sis’s laptop. Same problem, it wont even recognize it or tell me that somethings plugged in. Also I’m almost possitve on this not sure lol, but when you charge it isn’t there usually a little lightning thingy on the battery? Or was I just seeing things lol? I could’ve sworn it was always there when I charged it. now it’s gone :P.

Message Edited by Greed on 03-20-2009 08:40 PM

Give Sansa a call first. They know all sorts of tricks!

haha, ok i’ll try and give em a call…I really hate talking though :cry:.but if it’ll fix my fuze I’ll do it lol. I hardly ever talk in person :stuck_out_tongue: or ever make phone calls.

which is better E-mailing them or Phone call :-\ I really want to avoid calling lol… but if phones better I guess I’ll call. err is it stickied on the top of the fuze section? and what times good to call em :P. Sorry if I’m biggin :cry:

Message Edited by Greed on 03-20-2009 08:44 PM

@greed wrote:
haha, ok i’ll try and give em a call…I really hate talking though :cry:.but if it’ll fix my fuze I’ll do it lol. I hardly ever talk in person :stuck_out_tongue: or ever make phone calls.

which is better E-mailing them or Phone call :-\ I really want to avoid calling lol… but if phones better I guess I’ll call. err is it stickied on the top of the fuze section? and what times good to call em :P. Sorry if I’m biggin :cry:

Message Edited by Greed on 03-20-2009 08:44 PM

Quicker Reaction to a Call than an e-mail!

hmm. I have no clue what I did but now all of a sudden it works now O_o??? I do remeber holding the power button down just messing around, I held it for like 17 seconds and it turned on then off. then I did it again. now it works fine O_o? and the lightning sign is back! :smileyvery-happy:

haha guess my fuze is just playing with me now. I unplugged it to add some songs and see if it worked and now pluged it in again… now it wont be recognized again lol.

Message Edited by Greed on 03-20-2009 09:13 PM

w00t w00t. K I figured out what the problem was. Turns out the last thing I remeber doing was copying a song off my sisters e200 I noticed the song file thingy was not solid…? like you know when u look at the file it a little mp3 logo thingy or w.e and its not see through? well the song I took off hers was I guess kinda see throughish and when i put it on my fuze it worked fine, but then I went to plug it in I guess that one song stopped it from being recognized O_o? anyways I reformatted my fuze now it works fine again.(allthough I guess I coulda just deleted that ONE song instead of 587 >.>) Anyways I guess for the other guy that has the same problem as me, do you remeber what the last couple of songs you added were? maybe that could be your problem also O_o?

Since Friday it has been totaly dead. not recognized, not charged. Just like a block of wood.

Attempted re-set = nothing happens (multiple tries).

Re-booted the computers = nothing.

Different USB ports = nothing.

Tried another USB cord from an identical Fuze = nothing.

Left it plugged in all night Friday night = nothing.

Tried it all over again on Saturday = no change.

So it’s almost 8:pm on Sunday, I’m sitting here at the computer doing other stuff and I plug the Fuze into the USB just because it’s not plugged in and it looks out of place.

It fired right up, recognized, charging, and visible just like nothing happened.

@ob1kenob wrote:

Since Friday it has been totaly dead. not recognized, not charged. Just like a block of wood.

Attempted re-set = nothing happens (multiple tries).

Re-booted the computers = nothing.

Different USB ports = nothing.

Tried another USB cord from an identical Fuze = nothing.

Left it plugged in all night Friday night = nothing.

Tried it all over again on Saturday = no change.

So it’s almost 8:pm on Sunday, I’m sitting here at the computer doing other stuff and I plug the Fuze into the USB just because it’s not plugged in and it looks out of place.

It fired right up, recognized, charging, and visible just like nothing happened.

I’ve said it before, sometimes you just gotta let it sit for a while. And everything will get better.

yah it’s pretty weird. I tought I solved my problem by reformating it but I guess I didn’t >.>. It still doesn’t get recognized. If I leave it alone for like a day and plug it it’ll be recognized. weird…and Once I unplug it I’ll be lucky if I do get it be recognized again :((. I think now I will call sandisk and see what’s up :frowning: Dumb Target wont give me an exchange :(( even tough I bought 2 year warranty :((. This is really the only problem I’ve had with my fuze :frowning: Other then that though I still love this mp3! great prce and does what I need it to do. Just can’t wait untll firmware update! I wonder what’s gona be new to it and even maybe that’ll fix this problem :D(I doubt it though :P.)

Message Edited by Greed on 03-22-2009 06:45 PM

You bought it from Target, along with the extended warranty, and they won’t honor it?

Go back, with your paperwork, receipts, etc., and ask for the store manager.  Explain that you seem to have a faulty mp3 player, you bought an extended warranty, and you’d like to return it for another one.  Calmly.

If you don’t get it, ask the manager for the customer satisfaction hotline number, and call it from right there.  or skip the above, and just call now.

@greed wrote:
yah it’s pretty weird. I tought I solved my problem by reformating it but I guess I didn’t >.>. It still doesn’t get recognized. If I leave it alone for like a day and plug it it’ll be recognized. weird…and Once I unplug it I’ll be lucky if I do get it be recognized again :((. I think now I will call sandisk and see what’s up :frowning: Dumb Target wont give me an exchange :(( even tough I bought 2 year warranty :((. This is really the only problem I’ve had with my fuze :frowning: Other then that though I still love this mp3! great prce and does what I need it to do. Just can’t wait untll firmware update! I wonder what’s gona be new to it and even maybe that’ll fix this problem :D(I doubt it though :P.)

I think someone needs to go through smiley re-hab.

“Calling Dr. Drew!”

@tapeworm wrote:

@greed wrote:

I think someone needs to go through smiley re-hab.

“Calling Dr. Drew!”

Yes, rehab immediately, before you end up looking like this!