Computer stopped recognizing fuze O_o?

@ob1kenob wrote:

Since Friday it has been totaly dead. not recognized, not charged. Just like a block of wood.

Attempted re-set = nothing happens (multiple tries).

Re-booted the computers = nothing.

Different USB ports = nothing.

Tried another USB cord from an identical Fuze = nothing.

Left it plugged in all night Friday night = nothing.

Tried it all over again on Saturday = no change.

So it’s almost 8:pm on Sunday, I’m sitting here at the computer doing other stuff and I plug the Fuze into the USB just because it’s not plugged in and it looks out of place.

It fired right up, recognized, charging, and visible just like nothing happened.

I’ve said it before, sometimes you just gotta let it sit for a while. And everything will get better.

yah it’s pretty weird. I tought I solved my problem by reformating it but I guess I didn’t >.>. It still doesn’t get recognized. If I leave it alone for like a day and plug it it’ll be recognized. weird…and Once I unplug it I’ll be lucky if I do get it be recognized again :((. I think now I will call sandisk and see what’s up :frowning: Dumb Target wont give me an exchange :(( even tough I bought 2 year warranty :((. This is really the only problem I’ve had with my fuze :frowning: Other then that though I still love this mp3! great prce and does what I need it to do. Just can’t wait untll firmware update! I wonder what’s gona be new to it and even maybe that’ll fix this problem :D(I doubt it though :P.)

Message Edited by Greed on 03-22-2009 06:45 PM

You bought it from Target, along with the extended warranty, and they won’t honor it?

Go back, with your paperwork, receipts, etc., and ask for the store manager.  Explain that you seem to have a faulty mp3 player, you bought an extended warranty, and you’d like to return it for another one.  Calmly.

If you don’t get it, ask the manager for the customer satisfaction hotline number, and call it from right there.  or skip the above, and just call now.

@greed wrote:
yah it’s pretty weird. I tought I solved my problem by reformating it but I guess I didn’t >.>. It still doesn’t get recognized. If I leave it alone for like a day and plug it it’ll be recognized. weird…and Once I unplug it I’ll be lucky if I do get it be recognized again :((. I think now I will call sandisk and see what’s up :frowning: Dumb Target wont give me an exchange :(( even tough I bought 2 year warranty :((. This is really the only problem I’ve had with my fuze :frowning: Other then that though I still love this mp3! great prce and does what I need it to do. Just can’t wait untll firmware update! I wonder what’s gona be new to it and even maybe that’ll fix this problem :D(I doubt it though :P.)

I think someone needs to go through smiley re-hab.

“Calling Dr. Drew!”

@tapeworm wrote:

@greed wrote:

“Calling Dr. Drew!”

Yes, rehab immediately, before you end up looking like this!

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@greed wrote:

“Calling Dr. Drew!”

Please Marvin . . . I just ate!

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@greed wrote:
yah it’s pretty weird. I tought I solved my problem by reformating it but I guess I didn’t >.>. It still doesn’t get recognized. If I leave it alone for like a day and plug it it’ll be recognized. weird…and Once I unplug it I’ll be lucky if I do get it be recognized again :cry:(. I think now I will call sandisk and see what’s up :cry: Dumb Target wont give me an exchange :cry:( even tough I bought 2 year warranty :cry:(. This is really the only problem I’ve had with my fuze :cry: Other then that though I still love this mp3! great prce and does what I need it to do. Just can’t wait untll firmware update! I wonder what’s gona be new to it and even maybe that’ll fix this problem :smileyvery-happy:(I doubt it though :stuck_out_tongue:.)

“Calling Dr. Drew!”

Please Marvin . . . I just ate!

If you were to look up the word ‘skank’ in your dictionary, I’m sure it would say, “see Amy Winehouse”.

lol sorry too many smileys I gues :P. anyways yeah…I took it to target brang my reciept the extended warrenty card thingy. I called before I went. some lady told me that I can return it, so I went…and I got there showed em the reciept and they told me this >.> “we don’t do exchanges.” -__- I told them what was the 2 year warranty for then? and there response was… … . “It’s only for that mp3 so If you want to get it exchanged you have to send to the manufactor from where the mp3 is from.” >.> Why the heck did I buy warranty for 2 years with them then?!?! I’m confused O_o? then they told me I should just buy another one .__________________.

I think i’m gona go back again tomorrow and see if I can talk to a manager…cause honestly what’s the point of buying warranty with them if they can’t do anything about it :angry:

Message Edited by Greed on 03-22-2009 10:47 PM

yah I’ve looked…and tried…lolz she’ll have to get a new one

Eh that ■■■■■ for your sister Emochick :neutral_face:. Mine is starting to work >.> When it wants to though. Not sure if I should return it and try to talk to someone at target that actually knows what there doing this time >.> Or if I should stay with it and hopefully it’ll be recognized when I want it to :stuck_out_tongue:. As of right now it’s working, but Im scared to unplug it cause then It might not work :cry:. so I’m trying to add most of my cd’s into it before I get a really bad headache from being on my computer too long :angry:. lol.

@greed wrote:
Eh that ■■■■■ for your sister Emochick :neutral_face:. Mine is starting to work >.> When it wants to though. Not sure if I should return it and try to talk to someone at target that actually knows what there doing this time >.> Or if I should stay with it and hopefully it’ll be recognized when I want it to :stuck_out_tongue:. As of right now it’s working, but Im scared to unplug it cause then It might not work :cry:. so I’m trying to add most of my cd’s into it before I get a really bad headache from being on my computer too long :angry:. lol.

If you can make it til the end of the month maybe a fresh firmware and a format of the fuze after thats installed your problem will go away.

lol… Guess what conversion box…My fuze wont turn on anymore lol…It was working fine an hour ago :cry: :cry:. is there anyway that maybe…just maybe I can get it to turn on again? hold power switch or something??:cry::cry:.

**EDIT**

UGH For some reason it didn’t want to turn on when I plgued into my computers Usb port…but when I plug it in throught my 360 it turned on >.> This fuze is acting really weird these past 3 days :\ I hope it last until the  end of the month :-\

Message Edited by Greed on 03-23-2009 10:38 PM

Try it. Soft Reset, Plug it in to a Wall charger. You have heard all the things to try.

I just re-read this thread…seems like a mystery to me…weird! Mine’s been very well-behaved in the 6 months I’ve had it…I can’t help but wonder if it’s because I don’t hook it up to the computer very much. Greed, sorry the Target people aren’t being very understanding about the whole thing. :cry:

haha. well hmm I bought my fuze in 1/10/09 at 7:55pm :stuck_out_tongue:. It just started acting up 3 days ago out of the blue :cry:. Speaking of acting up lol. while i was on here I was listening to music on my fuze and I thought the song ended and my fuze just died with full battery lol…now it wont turn back on lol. I’ll see if I can get it to turn on through my 360 again O_o.

*edit*

I guess it just needed a soft reset again O_o?

Message Edited by Greed on 03-23-2009 10:53 PM

@greed wrote:
haha. well hmm I bought my fuze in 1/10/09 at 7:55pm :stuck_out_tongue:. It just started acting up 3 days ago out of the blue :cry:. Speaking of acting up lol. while i was on here I was listening to music on my fuze and I thought the song ended and my fuze just died with full battery lol…now it wont turn back on lol. I’ll see if I can get it to turn on through my 360 again O_o.
*edit*

I guess it just needed a soft reset again O_o?

Message Edited by Greed on 03-23-2009 10:53 PM

Call SanDisk in the morning. Just give up, and get a new one!  I feel Frustrated for you!

haha. K i’ll call tomorrow. I don’t think i’ll be able to keep this up anyways lol.

@greed wrote:
haha. K i’ll call tomorrow. I don’t think i’ll be able to keep this up anyways lol.

Good luck!

Hey mine stopped showing up about 2 days ago. No charge, no sync, the computer seemed to have disowned it. I have an 8 gig Fuze and use Windows Vista.

I know it is not my cord, as I plugged it into another computer (also Vista) and it worked and charged fine.

I know it is not the recent firmware update, as it worked on the other computer.

I believe it is the device driver:

I went to Device Manager and under Portable Devices my Sansa Fuze 8GB had a yellow caution sign icon. I opened up Properties and under Device Status, it said: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click ‘Check for solutions’ to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I clicked Check for Solutions, and am now awaiting a response.

I also, on the Driver tab, updated the driver and supposedly it is up to date.

Hope this helps, and we can all come to a solution.

*EDIT*

Also, none of that other weird stuff has happened to me, just that the computer hates it. I bought mine October of 08.

*EDIT*

WOWWEE WOW WOW I just in the device manager here it is 15 mins after i posted this, uninstalled the device, then unplugged it, then plugged it in again, and it WORKS.

How WEIRD

Message Edited by foozy on 05-06-2009 04:26 PM

Message Edited by foozy on 05-06-2009 04:29 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem. I had to go to my Device manager and uninstall the fuze player and when I hooked the player back up it installed the driver software off the MP3 player. Now it works.