Computer not recognizing Sansa Fuze - SOLVED!

My Fix for my Sansa Fuze not being recognized by my Sony Vaio Laptop running Windows Vista. It worked at one point and didn’t work after that.

Fix:

Go to System Properties > Device Manager and look for a red or yellow indicator from the system letting you know that there is some type of device error for your device. The device manager will always let you know if your device is “truly” unrecognized. If it’s not there, you got a more serious problem. Mine was there and I had a yellow exclamation point. There was a message stating: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click ‘Check for solutions’ to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available." I chose “Check for Solutions,” but it found none. I then clicked on the drivers tab and tried to make sure that they were up to date and they were. 

Most of the time, unless the device is defective or you damage the unit, it will most likely be a driver issue. I chose to uninstall the driver (advanced) under the driver tab. The device manager no longer recognized the device at all after I did that. I DID NOT unplug the device from the usb or disconnect the mp3 in any way. I simply held the power off button until it powered off (thinking since driver is no longer there, whatever was corrupt is probably now removed and since there is no driver available the pcc will automatically search for the best driver upon recognizing that there wasn’t one). I then powered it back on and the pc immediately recognized the device and it’s misssing driver and it began searching for the best driver available (this beats looking for a site with an acceptable, free driver as well) and loaded it and the pc then proceeded to give me the on screen prompt, asking what I wanted to do with my device. 

I hope this helps you.  I was most relievd to see this solve my issue. 

Good Luck :smiley: