Coming in April

http://anythingbutipod.com/ front page has an article stating that the Fuze is expected in early April.  Also has a link to video showing the Fuze.  The Sandisk employee in the video says that the Fuze has the same sound chip as the Clip (mentioning the rave reviews that the Clip has been getting for its sound quality).  Yee ha!

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 03-12-2008 04:16 PM

The Sound Quality of Sansa Fuze is as good as Sansa Clip.

Cheers,

SansaFix.

SansaFix, a couple more questions about the Fuze, if you don’t mind.

1. Will a microSD card’s contents integrate with the internal memory’s contents in the same way that it does with other Sansa models?  Or can we expect any changes/improvements in that area?  I’m thinking about syncing as well as browsing via the player’s GUI.

2. Will the firmware give the ability to sync back playcounts and “last played” information, in MTP mode?

Thanks!

1. microSD behaves like e200v2  The contents are readable in MTP mode.  The GUI integrates the content together.  A future release may allow card specific GUI browsing actions.

2)  Ratings are synced in MTP, but not playcounts. 

From ABI … release dates according to the Shop Sansa store:

Sansa 2GB (black) : 3/28/08
Sansa 4gb (any color) : 4/10/08
Sansa 8gb (silver) : 3/28/08

Just saw the 2 GB Fuze available at the Sherman Oaks, CA Best Buy today! They only had the black 2GB version. Didn’t look like they had shelf space for any other sizes. Didn’t pick it up cause I’m waiting for the 8GB.

My first post to this forum and I hope I add some value with it:I picked up an 8GB at the Clarence, NY Best Buy yesterday. It was not on the shelves but their inventory system indicated that they had 5 on hand. The sales rep found the black 2GB and the 8GB “out back.” After only a 10 minute sample, the SQ seems right up there with the Clip, video, which I don’t do, but based on pre-loaded sample, seems reasonably solid though maybe a little less vivid than I’ve seen on others. I have not given it a good workout yet as I have been listening to my new SONY 8GB player (the new 720 series) which is very, very nice. A few things of note: the player has a rubbery backing material (similar to the View but more so), the front plat seems to have a very hard clear coat shell which will probably prevent most scratches, the whole unit is heavier (not heavy, just heavier) than the Zune, Nano, Zen, etc. The unit gives an immediate impression of durability and toughness, at least on the outside. The interface, which I like just fine, is pretty much the same as the e-series and the View. My only complaint, and it is very minor, is the clumsy on-the-fly playlist creation, but this is not a Fuze criticism per se. I hope this helps.Mark, a guy who, for some reason, really loves his 8GB View.

@zumpp99, does the silver front panel seem like it attracks fingerprints as much as the other colors would?

I was also able to pick up a 8gb Fuze from BestBuy last night. I tried stopping in after seeing them listed as ‘available’ for pickup; but they didn’t have any on the floor and staff didn’t know anything either. So, I tried placing the order online and choosing instore pickup. Showed up and sure enough – they had it ready.

So far I’m pleased (other than headphone jack being so close to the sync cable that it’s impossible to release the sync cable while headphones are plugged in).

gaurhoth 

@gaurhoth wrote:

I was also able to pick up a 8gb Fuze from BestBuy last night. I tried stopping in after seeing them listed as ‘available’ for pickup; but they didn’t have any on the floor and staff didn’t know anything either. So, I tried placing the order online and choosing instore pickup. Showed up and sure enough – they had it ready.

This seems to be a common experience with people picking up Fuzes at Best Buys … they’re not on display, but in the store.  My guess is that it was already in the store when you asked the staff, and they were just clueless about something having arrived so recently.

In my case, I didn’t see any Fuzes on display (though the DLO Action Jackets are on display, as someone else mentioned), so I figured I was out of luck.  I asked an employee about them anyway, and he walked about six feet away and pulled one out of a locked cabinet.  Looked like they had at least 20 of them stored away in there.

I saw online at BestBuy.com that they had some 8 GB’s in stock.  I called to have them hold one for me, which they did.  When I got there and went to Customer Service, I felt kind of dumb because they had a dozen of them sitting on a shelf right behind me…  Oh well, I got what I wanted.

The front panel is not “chrome” like the Clip if that’s what you mean. It is not a fingerprint magnet I am happy to report. I just touched it all up and there was noting noticable. I did, however, wash my hands about 10 minutes ago after eating lunch. Obviously, greasy fingers will still leave prints…

For what it’s worth, I am loving the player. Sturdy feel with fine sound and the old reliable interface (not perfect, but I like not having to relearn to any degree).

Mark

I’m enjoying my Fuze, too.  I compared the SQ to that of the Clip’s (same songs, same approx. volume, same EQ settings) and they sound identical. 

One thing I have found, though, is that if you copy something to the internal memory in MSC mode, the Fuze appears to refresh its database with the contents of the microSD card, as well.  I’m guessing that this is the case based on the refresh time.

So far, I think the Fuze is one of the best players I’ve had.  It is much better than my e280 all around.  The interface is quick and reliable.  Transferring is easy.  The way it now integrates with microSDHC cards (and not need a DB refresh every power on) is awesome and the cost is fantastic.  I would like to congratulate the Sansa team on this device.  So far, I love it.

(I hope I don’t have to remove a foot from my mouth after the first firmware update…) 

I have one XP

@dannymac64 wrote:
I have one XP

???

If you’re going to resurrect a year-old thread, you should probably expound a bit more than this.

I think he just thought “I’ll go straight to the last page and bump a topic for no reason.”

Wow!  This little player sounds great!  I wonder if it has gapless playback? :wink:

Well, I have one XP too, but I never found the need to broadcast it. :stuck_out_tongue:

@gwk1967 wrote:
I think he just thought “I’ll go straight to the last page and bump a topic for no reason.”

Well, I have one XP too, but I never found the need to broadcast it. :stuck_out_tongue: