Clicking sound

My fuze just started doing this on it’s own.  I was listening to it this morning and it was fine.  This afternoon all I get is a clicking sound.  It was not dropped between times.  It is just about 2 month past warranty I think.  I have tried 4 different head phones and three different patch cords (to 3 different external speakers).  I have wiggled and turned the cords and checked them out on other electronics… they all work.  If you were to just look at the fuze you would think everything was fine.  The book or music file is displayed and it shows it is running.    This is my second.  My first one made some clicking noises when I used a thicker patch cord to connect it to external speakers (but not the thinner cheaper ones, go figure…  they were the same 3.5mm min cords); but worked for headphones.   It is running firmware ver.v.02.03.33A and I have run the sansa updater.  I put in a 32gb microsd card last moth and it has seemed to be working fine (I don’t know if this has anything to do with it).   I love my Fuze.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Please tell me it isn’t  anything but a glorified USB drive now.