Clicking sound

Hi,

My daughter has a karaoke machine that we hooked up our Sansa Fuze into, the directions were to plug the Fuze into the machine by the USB cord. The MP3 player failed to play in the machine and now it has a clicking sound. The screen shows the music and that it is playing but on my headset, stereo, and car I still get a clicking sound.

I just reformatted the player and it still has the clicking sound. Please help, thanks.

I don’t have an answer for you but I hope you weren’t trying to connect to an iPod connector, which can do bad things.

What happens if you connect the Fuze to your computer and play a file through the computer? Is there a clicking sound?

One thing to try is a firmware update (or reload). Don’t install the Updater. Follow the directions for manual update, using the “All Regions” link.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

Thanks, I will try this.

My fuze just started doing this on it’s own.  I was listening to it this morning and it was fine.  This afternoon all I get is a clicking sound.  It was not dropped between times.  It is just about 2 month past warranty I think.  I have tried 4 different head phones and three different patch cords (to 3 different external speakers).  I have wiggled and turned the cords and checked them out on other electronics… they all work.  If you were to just look at the fuze you would think everything was fine.  The book or music file is displayed and it shows it is running.    This is my second.  My first one made some clicking noises when I used a thicker patch cord to connect it to external speakers (but not the thinner cheaper ones, go figure…  they were the same 3.5mm min cords); but worked for headphones.   It is running firmware ver.v.02.03.33A and I have run the sansa updater.  I put in a 32gb microsd card last moth and it has seemed to be working fine (I don’t know if this has anything to do with it).   I love my Fuze.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Please tell me it isn’t  anything but a glorified USB drive now.

Rule of thumb. Clicking sound means a hardware issue. Mechanical issue to be exact. Not sure why this is happening since there are no moving parts in Fuze. You might want to have the hardware checked on this.

@austingrd wrote:
Rule of thumb. Clicking sound means a hardware issue. Mechanical issue to be exact. Not sure why this is happening since there are no moving parts in Fuze. You might want to have the hardware checked on this.

Your thumb is wrong. Clicking noises heard through the head/ear phones can indeed be other than hardware and/or mechanical issues. And dont assume since there are no moving parts, no audible sounds can not be made from an electronic device. There can be.