Cheap Micro SD Cards

I’m a tech freak and I do enjoy using what I buy to it’s fullest. The Micro SD card slot in my Sansa is just one of those things that irks me. . . I really want to fill that slot up with something, if anything. The cards I found around Sandisk’s line were rediculously expansive. . . Ebay I just don’t trust. I did get into this one site a while ago called Newegg which did an excellent job. A friend of mine was a support agent there for a few years. Anyways, this 8 gig card ( Transcend 8GB microSDHC Flash Card Model TS8GUSDC6 - Newegg.com ) is just a mere $16.65 compared to sandisk’s $100.00 + card. I’m not trying to advertise, but advise people like me that memory expansion is affordable.

Jim

@jbud wrote:

I’m a tech freak and I do enjoy using what I buy to it’s fullest. The Micro SD card slot in my Sansa is just one of those things that irks me. . . I really want to fill that slot up with something, if anything. The cards I found around Sandisk’s line were rediculously expansive. . . Ebay I just don’t trust. I did get into this one site a while ago called Newegg which did an excellent job. A friend of mine was a support agent there for a few years. Anyways, this 8 gig card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208463 ) is just a mere $16.65 compared to sandisk’s $100.00 + card. I’m not trying to advertise, but advise people like me that memory expansion is affordable.

Jim

You can get SanDisk cards way cheaper than you describe. On Amazon.com right now(all microsdhc)…8GB $12.95 , 4GB $6.77 , 16GB $42.99 :wink:

Yeah, your prices are grossly exaggerated. Sandisk’s MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) on the 8GB card is $38.99, nowhere near your “$100.00+”, and obviously it can be found for less than MSRP quite easily.

I just got an 8gb for $17.00, including shipping, from Midwest Memory on Amazon.  I was going to buy a 16gb (can get them for about $50 including shipping) but I figured the 32gb will be out soon enough and I will wait.

Message Edited by SurfTastic on 03-27-2009 10:02 AM

here’s a sandisk 8GB micro SDHC card for 14 dollars, cheaper than the link you provided. (edit: there are also used ones for $10 )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012Y2LLE/ref=s9\_sdps\_c2\_s1\_p23\_t2?pf\_rd\_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf\_rd\_s=center-2&pf\_rd\_r=1KT07JTGSMV0VBE1RRV4&pf\_rd\_t=101&pf\_rd\_p=470938631&pf\_rd\_i=507846

I bought the 16GB for $40 ( http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-16GB-microSDHC-SDSDQ-016G-Package/dp/B001L1H0SC/ref=pd\_bbs\_sr\_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238179893&sr=8-3 )

I’m actually surprised that newegg doesn’t even have the sandisk 16GB.  I go to newegg for almost all of my computer needs because they usually have a great selection with cheap prices (every single component from my homemade computer was bought there), but I guess no website is perfect.

Message Edited by juankawada on 03-27-2009 11:57 AM

Newegg has a Sandisk 8GB microSD for 19 or $32, depending on whether it comes with a fullsizeSD adapter.

I got my SanDisk 8GB microsdhc with a full size adapter for just over $20 last September on Amazon…they’re clearly cheaper now. Now if only the 16GB was $20…

My brother got me an 8GB card at Meritline.com for less than ten bucks last Christmas.

All the best.