Cant Get my New car radio to play my fuze

I  just got a pioneer reciver that has usb input. Problem  I have is it only will play recordings I made on  the sansa. Wont play any music files.  I can  disconnect and it will play all. Now I can  take my micro  card and put it in my Razr 2 9Vx phone and connect it to the usb port on the radio and it will play all the songs on  the card.  is there something I am missing?

If you need to know the car sterio then  its a Pioneer DEH-6000UB.  

I can hook the Fuze to my wifes sony reciever and it will play all the songs. 

What USB mode do you use on your Fuze?  It might not work in a certain USB mode…

Give that a try. 

I tried auto  setting and also the 2 manual settings and it still wont read the music files. only the one recording I made when  I first got the fuze and recorded a FM station just to see how good the recording would be. I will go  out again  and try the different settings.

nope no  go on manual settings.  one setting forgot witch wont read on the radio and the other will just play that one recording I  made. getting frustrating lol.

Are any of your songs on the internal memory, or just the recordings on there?

I  put an  album in the recording folder and went back out and it shows the folder in there on the radio and plays it. So  why  wont it read the music folder  with  the same songs in there?

@dark_jedimaster wrote:
I  put an  album in the recording folder and went back out and it shows the folder in there on the radio and plays it. So  why  wont it read the music folder  with  the same songs in there?

are your other albums all on the microsdhc? Usually the USB radio connectors only work if the Fuze is in MSC mode, and the music is in the internal memory, not on a microsdhc.

I  placed the files in the internal memory and put it on MSC and it still wouldnt read the songs in the music folder. Now I put the same songs in the recording folder where I had the one recording that I did back during xmas. Now the songs that wont show up in the music folder on the radio. Shows up on the recording folder  on the radio when I put them in there.

SO  why wont it reconize the music folder to have songs on it. BUt it will if I placed the same songs in the recording folder and play them. 

should I reformat my fuze and do a fresh install of my music?

Set your player to MSC mode. Put your music files in the root directory, not in the Music (or any) folder.

k  will try that

THat did it. it worked fine thanks for the help tapeworm.

@tapeworm wrote:
Set your player to MSC mode. Put your music files in the root directory, not in the Music (or any) folder.

ok, I was almost right :stuck_out_tongue:

I thank you also. yo u was taking me down the right path.

one more Q can  I delete all them folders like audiobooks and so on?

@dark_jedimaster wrote:

I thank you also. yo u was taking me down the right path.

one more Q can  I delete all them folders like audiobooks and so on?

Glad to hear it worked. Now “We Be Jammin’, Mon!” :smileyvery-happy:

I would leave the folders there. They don’t take up any space, and you may want/need them in the future.

yes we are.  its so  nice not having to change CD every so often. thanks again you  da mon