Cannot move to select video, pictures, etc. on main menu screen

I just received a new? Fuze a few hours ago. When I turn it on I see a music screen playing a song. When I select the Menu button I’m back in the main screen but I cannot select another icon. It’s stuck on Music. Hitting the Menu button just toggles back-and-forth. In music I can right-click and move to another song. However, when I right-click from the main screen into music, I have a drop-down menu but cannot move the highlighter down from Play All.

In My Computer I see the device and can go to the respective folders. I have W-Media 11 and I tried the 10-sec reboot but no luck. Before the Fuze was given to me it was preloaded with some video and pictures. I tried to download an update but was not given the update selection, only given a choice to download the user manual or another feature (I forget the name).

I’ll appreciate any suggestions!!!

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but are you rotating the wheel around the small center button or just clicking on its edges?

DUH! Rotate the wheel?

Time to retire…

Everything works!

My Fuze is stuck on music.  Turn the wheel, nothing…  I can click to the right and it gives me “play all”.  Can’t play anything though, reformatted the thing, so I lost all of my music.  HELP!  Ready to chuck it out the window. 

mamachick2 wrote:
My Fuze is stuck on music.  Turn the wheel, nothing…  I can click to the right and it gives me “play all”.  Can’t play anything though, reformatted the thing, so I lost all of my music.  HELP!  Ready to chuck it out the window. 

Why don’t you call SanDisk Tech Support? They are the people who are really in the position to help you. If they can’t get it going and it’s still under warranty, they can get you set up for a replacement unit.