Cannot add library to Fuze?

So I try to add my library of music to windows media player…it searches and finds my files and tells me search complete.  However, none of my music is actually transferred over.  Any ideas on this?

Unless you follow through and tell WMP to ‘sync’ the library or drag & drop it manually, it will never happen.

After all, you only told it to ‘find’ the files, not to do anything else with them. As far as your computer is concerned, it has completed your wishes. :wink:

I think you misunderstood…the music from my PC is not even available for me to drag and drop on my Fuze.

It does not transfer over from my PC to the Windows Media Player.

What format is th music on your PC?  By default, it is looking for MP3 or WMA files.  If you have another type or format, you may need plugins for the media player to recognize the files.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything is MP3 or WMA.  It’s very frustrating :robotmad:

Anyone have any other ideas for this?

I read this earlier, but I didnt understand completely, I think I’m a bit closer now. Lemm See if this is what you have happening. You tell WMP to find you music, It says it does, but then Its not in WMP. You go to the folder where the music is  stored but you cannot drag and drop it. Is that about the extent of it? Find you music on your hard drive, right click and go down to properties, On the general tab, at teh bottom is the read only box checked? What Version of Wisows are you using? (I Dont remember if it works like this on XP but it is like this on vista) In the Security tab on the bottom half there is a box called permissions, is there a check next to everything? If The Read Only box is checked then all you can do is play the file, If one of the permissions are not checked that too could effect the way the file acts when you try to work with it.

Ok, I don’;t really understand the issue, let me try:

1. You have MP3 and WMA files on your PC.
  2. You open Windows Media Player
  3. You point WMP at the location to find the files.
  4. It doesn’t.

Is that right? I guess you want to add the files to WMP so that you can eventually add them to your Fuze. Why you don’t just have the Fuze in MSC and drag/drop them … who knows, lets fix your WMP problem.

What are your steps EXACTLY to add the files to the WMP library? To do that is normally:

1. Open WMP
  2. Go to “Library -> Add to Library”
  3. Click the “Advanced” button to display all the monitored folders.
  4. Click the “Add” button
  5. Browse to and select the parent directory of the folder that stores all of your music
  6. Click Ok at the browsing window
  7. Click Ok at the Add to Library window.
  8. It should now scan the directories in the list adding any files it finds.
  9. It will tell you how many new files it found and how many new files it added.

Is that what you do? If not, then did that solve your problem?

@conversionbox wrote:
I read this earlier, but I didnt understand completely, I think I’m a bit closer now. Lemm See if this is what you have happening. …<snip>…

You and me both, if people knew how to ask questions then we would spend about half the amount of time we currently do helping out. If only they knew how important the following information is:

1. Windows version
  2. Service Pack version
  3. Windows Media Player version
  4. Fuze firmware version
  5. The steps they are taking
  6. The results they expect
  7. The results they are getting
  8. Any error messages

… sigh… one forum user at a time I guess

Message Edited by hazza on 01-13-2009 01:48 PM

@hazza wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:
I read this earlier, but I didnt understand completely, I think I’m a bit closer now. Lemm See if this is what you have happening. …<snip>…

You and me both, if people knew how to ask questions then we would spend about half the amount of time we currently do helping out. If only they knew how important the following information is:

1. Windows version
  2. Service Pack version
  3. Windows Media Player version
  4. Fuze firmware version
  5. The steps they are taking
  6. The results they expect
  7. The results they are getting
  8. Any error messages

… sigh… one forum user at a time I guess

Message Edited by hazza on 01-13-2009 01:48 PM

Not everybody has 89 posts (Or 530 in my case) under their belt. This should be a sticky about how to pose a question. That being said… All of this stuff is massivly important in order to get a swift correct response. In most cases its easier to ignore what we dont need than to not have enough info. The less we know when we try to help the less help we actually are. BTW At least the title isnt… HELP, or I hate my Fuze. 

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-12-2009 10:55 PM

@conversionbox wrote:

Not everybody has 89 posts (Or 530 in my case) under their belt. This should be a sticky about how to pose a question. That being said… All of this stuff is massivly important in order to get a swift correct response. In most cases its easier to ignore what we dont need than to not have enough info. The less we know when we try to help the less help we actually are. BTW At least the title isnt… HELP, or I hate my Fuze. 

Oh I have more than 89 posts under my belt, I have been on help forums for nearly a decade. We should petition the admins to make a sticky that tells people what to do BEFORE posting a question and then HOW to post a question… then again the most annoying posters would not read the sticky anyway.

A policy of threads being deleted if it is obvious they did not read the sticky would go a long way to reducing the stupid posts.

I would be willing to do up the info for the sticky.

@hazza wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Oh I have more than 89 posts under my belt, I have been on help forums for nearly a decade. We should petition the admins to make a sticky that tells people what to do BEFORE posting a question and then HOW to post a question… then again the most annoying posters would not read the sticky anyway.

A policy of threads being deleted if it is obvious they did not read the sticky would go a long way to reducing the stupid posts.

I would be willing to do up the info for the sticky.

I too have more than what appears on here, and would agree with you on everything. I dont think a deletion of posts would be good because then people woudnt get the help they need. I was on a forum a while back, that when you clicked to post a new question there was a form you filled out.

Product name,

Version (In this case the number before the first period in the firmwire. So V01.999.999 would be Version 1),

Firmwire,

Size,

Card size (if applicable),

WMP Version (Or other software),

Operating System,

SP,

YOu fill this out and then you get a search page so you can keyword search your issue, if it is not there then you get a page where you add your post, at the bottom it automatically adds your info.

Definitally start a thread asking for the sticky… I’ll second that!

AHHHHHHHH!!! Stupid piece of sh*t %#*&ing forum… I spent over an hour and a half writing up a post in a seperate tab while I browsed in this tab, reading, rereading, editing polishing a post., clicked the “Submit post” … then I get a “session timed out” message, I hit back but the entire write up was gone… gone… all that work and info… poof as it never existed…