Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Can you please help me in deciding between Fuze, Clip+ and E270?

@San_Discolo wrote:

I have no idea of what those tests are saying. I am not so technical...

Then you probably shouldn't be too worried about these things.

San_Discolo wrote: 

Anyway, I understand that you are saying that the differences in this teest are zero to none.

But what most bothers me is the difference Fuze/Clip+, as I will not buy a Clip (because I need microsdhc slot)... 

Clip+, Clipv2 and Fuzev2 all have the same hardware inside.  The clipv1, e200v2 and fuzev1 also have the same.  All of them are identical in terms of output.  Hope that is more clear.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I am confused. You are saying that  Clip+, Clipv2, Fuzev2, clipv1, e200v2, and fuzev1are all the same SQ? Or that they are in two groups, and SQ is the same inside each group? So, where should fit E200v1?

Well, I see that some of you are in both forums, some others no. So, I do not feel like posting all the time in many threads, I will just follow this one: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clipplus&thread.id=3166

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 01-24-2010 09:13 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

The test that was posted said the Clip and the Clip+ have nearly identical sound. It said nothing about the Fuze.

Compared to the Fuze, the Clip+ has a weaker output and, in my experience, inferior sound. 

The E200 v1 is also inferior and has a slight noise where there should be silence between tracks. If you are not technically oriented, you probably shouldn't mess around with Rockbox.

Look, get the Fuze. Especially if it's cheaper. 

All the Clip+ offers is smaller size, but it has less battery life and, despite what anythingbutipod says, it doesn't sound as good. You'll be very happy with a Fuze.

Highlighted

Also, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the Fuze (with the latest firmware update) allows for simple folder-based use if that's of any interest to you. You just switch to "Folder View" and you can micro-manage your audio files.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Mmm, I have Fuze V2 with firmware V02.02.26P, and I can browse Folders. Is this what you mean?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Yep.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Well, it is not the lates firmware upgrade. The latest is 31.

Fuze V1 can browse folders as well, isn't it?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Yes, a v1 Fuze can browse folders, and folder browsing was added some time ago to the firmware. The v1, out of the box with its original firmware, did not browse folders. The v2, with .26, does already browse folders.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:35 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

TomJensen wrote:

I don't consider the Fuze to be usable w/o the Folders view. Most of the default views only show the song title, not the artist, so trying to find a specific song by artist is impossible unless you know the song's exact name. The playlist function is likewise braindead, and I can't use it at all.

If all your tags are in order, it should still be perfectly usable. I had my Fuze before the folder view was introduced, and it worked just fine for me.....although I did welcome the folder view when it was added. And the GoList, if that is what you were referring to, same thing there, with tags in order it worked well......it remains the only "playlist" I've ever bothered with.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520