Can't get album art to show on Fuze

I don’t know how MM does things, but I do know that WMP creates a bunch of hidden album art files of different sizes, including a Folder.jpg that’s usually around 200 x 200. It also creates a bunch other hidden files like desktop.ini and Thumbs.db. Besides being a hidden file, it also makes the Folder.jpg file a system file.

I really hate to drag-n-drop music folders from the WMP My Music folder over onto my player(s) because of all the excess un-needed files that can end up going  along with the music files. And, since it makes the Folder.jpg file a system file, you can’t even change the hidden attribute under file properties. I have my own special old fashioned DOS trick for deleting all the other junk files and removing the hidden and system attributes of Folder.jpg (which is really the only album art file that needs to go onto the Fuze).

I’ve never had much use for imbedding the album art into the music files as a ID3 tag, but some people prefer it. To me having album art in every file is just wasting space and sometimes the Fuze stumbles when trying to play files with imbedded album art. So, I stick with just the Folder.jpg file. Of course, that also means the music has to be sorted out into proper album folders, but I’ve always had my music sorted Artist/Album/Title anyway.