Highlighted

Re: Can't download music or firmware update

[ Edited ]
Ok, I've done this twice yet although it shows the number of files and acts like it's doing something, says it found 1876 files but shows zero being added.   It's not adding anything to the library.  I clicked on the iTunes folder to add the entire thing, but it won't do it.    Could I be doing something wrong?
Message Edited by Sariah on 12-25-2008 12:44 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

What format are the files in? Do you know how to use windows explorer? Right click on start, then click on explore. Use Windows explorer to look at your music files and see what format they are in. They not be mp3 if you can't add them to the Windows Media Player library. Look in My Documents, My Music, iTunes.

Message Edited by JK98 on 12-25-2008 03:55 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

What format are the files in? Do you know how to use windows explorer? Right click on start, then click on explore. Use Windows explorer to look at your music files and see what format they are in. They not be mp3 if you can't add them to the Windows Media Player library.

I knew when I hit submit it frlt like I forgot something... WMP wont add m4a Files

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk User

just copy all the songs you want and paste them under music on your fuze (my computer > fuze >internal drive > music
Highlighted

Yes, I know how to use WE, I see the list of iTunes songs, but how do I see the format?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

"just copy all the songs you want and paste them under music on your fuze (my computer > fuze >internal drive > music "

That will only work if they are mp3 files. Her music may not be in mp3 format.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I was able to find a way to see the format and so far after looking at over 10 songs, they are MPEG 4 format

ETA:  It appears all the songs are MPEG 4 format

Message Edited by Sariah on 12-25-2008 12:59 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

So they can be converted to mp3, however I suggest that you make new mp3 files from the CDs, since conversion will decrease the sound quality. You can use Windows Media Player to make the mp3 files from the CDs.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Sounds like youll need to convert those files and for that you can use I tunes(if you have the latest Version) But for that I cannot Help... Im not sure how it works I just found out that itunes conversion existed today. I will check it out and let ya know.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Take one particular album or a small group of songs first, to test the conversion process.  Once you have a playable track in Windows Media Player, then you can send it to the Sansa.

WiMP 10 / 11 will display the requisite ID3 tag data as well, in the Advanced Tag Editor (right click on a track when WiMP is open).

Remember, the Sansa navigates through your music using the embedded ID3 tags in the MP3 or WMA files.  They will all be listed under "unknown", or you won't be able to find them, on the Sansa.  For now, first see that you have a valid mp3 conversion from the Apple iTunes files, by playing it in WiMP.

Once that's done, you can repair all of those goofy ID3 tags using a free application, MP3Tag.  Baby steps, right?  MP3Tag is very powerful, and it will repair all of your newly imported library.

The trick is to learn the ropes with a few tracks before doing "the whole enchilada".

Welcome to the world of Sansa!  Oh yes, and freedom from the limitations of iTunes.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy