Buying an extra USB data cable

Do Fuze and e200 series use the same USB cable for charging and MSC? Thanks.

@paker wrote:
Do Fuze and e200 series use the same USB cable for charging and MSC? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Hotsync-Charging-Cable-SanDisk-Sansa/dp/B000R1ZK16/ref=pd\_bbs\_sr\_1\_s9\_rk?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&s9r=8a585b43187966e80119f117e8482480&itemPosition=1&qid=1219844229&sr=8-1

Fits my fuze just fine.  And the price is right.

nice find!!

you’ve tested and it works uploading stuff and charging the fuze?

I would guess it works with the 4 star rating…

I’m not sure, though, because there is a review that says it doesn’t sync, only charges…

But then again there are two other reviews that say it does sync, so I don’t know. But $.66, what do you have to lose?

Message Edited by gabe565 on 08-29-2008 07:49 PM

Seems like it would have to be specially engineered not to sync (i.e. missing some of the pins / connections). I’d be surprised if it didn’t, but I guess it could just have connections between the power and ground pins of the USB port.

Thanks for that link!

Did you see the one with the chargers too?  Only $5.60

http://www.amazon.com/Inspire-Travel-Charging-Rhapsody-Player/dp/B000NQ0D9E/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_text_b

I just purchased the chargers only for much more then that at a store because my old laptop wasn’t charging my Fuze anymore and I needed to charge mine… I would have prefered this with the cable and the price.

I’m thinking an extra cable would be nice, keep one at home and one at work… maybe one in the car with the car chrager… at the .66 I could afford it… :)  Then I don’t have to carry mine or worry if I have it.

Fuze and e200 series do use the same 30 pin USB cable.  Feel free to mix and match.

I got what apears to be the exact same car+wall charger and cable kit from eBay and it works great for charging and syncing.

@silverzero wrote:
Seems like it would have to be specially engineered not to sync (i.e. missing some of the pins / connections). I’d be surprised if it didn’t, but I guess it could just have connections between the power and ground pins of the USB port.

Uh, that would be broken.  Well, buyer beware!  You get what you pay for.  If there are reports that the cable doesn’t work, it’s undoubtedly a quality issue.

Bob  :wink: