Bug report: Video related crash (on startup)

@clieos wrote:

Hardware: 8GB Fuze (rev.1) + OEM 8GB MicroSD

Firmware: 1.02.26 (never notice the problem on previous firmware 1.02.22)

Condition: Shut down Fuze during a video playback, when turns back on, instead of going back to the video menu or resuming the video, it will show the video thumbview in music playback interface (showing the video as a music but unplayable). Pressing ‘home’ will go to the main menu but all the icon and background will not be displayed (all but the words). Any attempt to play other music will cause freeze. The only way to solve the issue is soft reset to turn off, than turn back on again (will show the ‘refreshing’ message and everything back to normal). Note, the video is stored on the MicroSD card, but I don’t think it is the card the causd the problem.

To avoid: Stop the video playback before shut down. It will go back to the video menu on next start up (like it suppose to) instead of showing the video in music playback interfac.

as I’ve been trying to tell EVERYONE in the Sansa forums you **must** reformat the player using the FORMAT command on the FUZE, after you have updated to the new firmware to realize it’s new capabilities…ie: DB reinitalization to accept the new 8,000 song limits etc. I had almost the same problem as you re: video files freezing and thought it was a firmware bug. After reformatting my player…bug disappeared.
Message Edited by oobergeek on 04-13-2009 02:49 PM

Message Edited by oobergeek on 04-13-2009 02:50 PM