Highlighted
SanDisk User

Broken screen... help!

So i Know that conversionbox i think, posted a thread exactly like this, but i need a little more detail than i Got.

So i had my sansa fuze 8gb in my back pocket, where i usually don't put it, and sat on it. low and behold, it broke, but the screen didn't break. i just have the white and black screen, looks kinda broke on the inside. It still plays music and everything, but i have 12 GB of music on there, i don't know what or where i am listening to.

So, some people say that they were able to get it replaced. What are the steps you went through? I emailed the company *support@sandisk or something to that extent*but have yet to get a reply. Do i need to call the company? Or wait for the email?

Is there a chance that i will get this replaced? the only catch is that i may not have the recipt. I got it the day after Thanksgiving 2008, black friday...

Any help on how to find out soon as possible? I have an 8 hour bus ride in 2 weeks for a band fest, and i really don't want to have to go without a music player. Help! thank you for your time in reading this, and for the future help.

Live Your Life, Not How Someone Else Wants You To Live It.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Broken screen... help!

@Emmnemms wrote:

So i Know that conversionbox i think, posted a thread exactly like this, but i need a little more detail than i Got.

So i had my sansa fuze 8gb in my back pocket, where i usually don't put it, and sat on it. low and behold, it broke, but the screen didn't break. i just have the white and black screen, looks kinda broke on the inside. It still plays music and everything, but i have 12 GB of music on there, i don't know what or where i am listening to.

So, some people say that they were able to get it replaced. What are the steps you went through? I emailed the company *support@sandisk or something to that extent*but have yet to get a reply. Do i need to call the company? Or wait for the email?

Is there a chance that i will get this replaced? the only catch is that i may not have the recipt. I got it the day after Thanksgiving 2008, black friday...

Any help on how to find out soon as possible? I have an 8 hour bus ride in 2 weeks for a band fest, and i really don't want to have to go without a music player. Help! thank you for your time in reading this, and for the future help.

Its broke. You can hit them up and see what they will say. I dont think you will get a replacement.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yea i am afraid of that. THe problem is, if I can't get this player then i will end up not getting another sandisk product, since i will be paying money for another one, can't get up the money for this one i doubt... Hmmm may look up craigslist. Thanks anyways. I have a contact number, so ill see what happens...
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Well, there's always ebay, or you could look for a sweet deal on one. I got my 4GB Fuze for $75, after I broke my first one after it went through the dryers. And the funny part? The screen recovered!
My Fuze
Revision 1
4GB internal memory (no micro SDHC card yet)
Firmware: V01.02.26A Headphones: Skullcandy Smokin Buds
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Well great news! I sent in a picture of it off and on at their request. They told me to wait for a reply in about 48 hours, so in my mind i expected 5-6 days. Well i got one TODAY! about 14 hours later, giving me an MRA # and a thing for free shipping! Yay! If this all goes well, I will deffinatly go out of my way to continue to support sansa. Hopefully this all goes as smoothly as this resent part has.
Highlighted

Did you actually tell them you'd sat on it? Robot surprised
~ d .

.:. A black 4GB Fuze .:. Nothing else .:. No, really .:.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Heh, I would try that, at least the requesting a new one from sansa, but one of mine got mauled by a dog. It doesnt have a front body anymore. Its naked!

Ni! A terrifying word.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Lol, yes i told them that i sat on it... :-P Didn't think it would be a good idea to lie, since i doubt that would really get me anywhere. So, i send it in today, and we will see. Hopefully i get it back in 2 weeks...?