Broken screen... help!

So i Know that conversionbox i think, posted a thread exactly like this, but i need a little more detail than i Got.

So i had my sansa fuze 8gb in my back pocket, where i usually don’t put it, and sat on it. low and behold, it broke, but the screen didn’t break. i just have the white and black screen, looks kinda broke on the inside. It still plays music and everything, but i have 12 GB of music on there, i don’t know what or where i am listening to.

So, some people say that they were able to get it replaced. What are the steps you went through? I emailed the company *support@sandisk or something to that extent*but have yet to get a reply. Do i need to call the company? Or wait for the email?

Is there a chance that i will get this replaced? the only catch is that i may not have the recipt. I got it the day after Thanksgiving 2008, black friday…

Any help on how to find out soon as possible? I have an 8 hour bus ride in 2 weeks for a band fest, and i really don’t want to have to go without a music player. Help! thank you for your time in reading this, and for the future help.

@emmnemms wrote:

So i Know that conversionbox i think, posted a thread exactly like this, but i need a little more detail than i Got.

So i had my sansa fuze 8gb in my back pocket, where i usually don’t put it, and sat on it. low and behold, it broke, but the screen didn’t break. i just have the white and black screen, looks kinda broke on the inside. It still plays music and everything, but i have 12 GB of music on there, i don’t know what or where i am listening to.

So, some people say that they were able to get it replaced. What are the steps you went through? I emailed the company *support@sandisk or something to that extent*but have yet to get a reply. Do i need to call the company? Or wait for the email?

Is there a chance that i will get this replaced? the only catch is that i may not have the recipt. I got it the day after Thanksgiving 2008, black friday…

Any help on how to find out soon as possible? I have an 8 hour bus ride in 2 weeks for a band fest, and i really don’t want to have to go without a music player. Help! thank you for your time in reading this, and for the future help.

Its broke. You can hit them up and see what they will say. I dont think you will get a replacement.

Yea i am afraid of that. THe problem is, if I can’t get this player then i will end up not getting another sandisk product, since i will be paying money for another one, can’t get up the money for this one i doubt… Hmmm may look up craigslist. Thanks anyways. I have a contact number, so ill see what happens…

Well, there’s always ebay, or you could look for a sweet deal on one. I got my 4GB Fuze for $75, after I broke my first one after it went through the dryers. And the funny part? The screen recovered!

Well great news! I sent in a picture of it off and on at their request. They told me to wait for a reply in about 48 hours, so in my mind i expected 5-6 days. Well i got one TODAY! about 14 hours later, giving me an MRA # and a thing for free shipping! Yay! If this all goes well, I will deffinatly go out of my way to continue to support sansa. Hopefully this all goes as smoothly as this resent part has.

Did you actually tell them you’d _ sat _ on it? :robotsurprised:

Heh, I would try that, at least the requesting a new one from sansa, but one of mine got mauled by a dog. It doesnt have a front body anymore. Its naked!

Lol, yes i told them that i sat on it… :stuck_out_tongue: Didn’t think it would be a good idea to lie, since i doubt that would really get me anywhere. So, i send it in today, and we will see. Hopefully i get it back in 2 weeks…?