Blank screen on v2

Hi.

I’ve been away for awhile (mainly because I lost my trusty v1 Fuze). Anyways, finally got up to ordering a Fuze, and this one’s a v2. It came with the .26 firmware, and I charged it up then upgraded to .33 . I turned it on to make sure the firmware upgrade worked, and it came on just fine, so I plugged it in and the screen went blank. I tried the usual soft reset (holding the power button in the on position for varying amounts of time, anywhere from 10 seconds to a full minute), which has always fixed this problem with my v1, but upon trying to power up the v2, nothing seemed to happen. I tried the soft reset at least five or so times. I even tried putting the power button in the Hold position and plugging in the v2 (twice, once without holding in the menu button and once while holding in the power button). These are the two solutions that I did with a not-so-thorough search. I’ll keep searching the forum, but if anybody has anything else I can try, I’d much appreciate the suggestion.

By the way, my laptop (currently the only computer with any OS installed) has three USB ports, I’ve tried all three ports under both Windows 7 and Linux.

Try this.

Hi,

Sorry it took so long to respond, I have intermittent Internet access on my laptop, and my phone doesn’t work with Lithithium’s login system. That didn’t help at all – at least not until today when I plugged it in for the umpteenth time and it started charging. And guess what? The screen looks a bit too much like a broken LCD (kinda like one of my previous phones after literally sitting on the screen), and the blue light around the wheel won’t light, not to mention the “dents” around the edges like someone wanted to open it. I did order it off of ebay, but the screen was still in one piece, the light lit up, and the guy who sold it says it was new (as in, never opened the packaging). I sent him an email and he said to try getting a RMA from Sandisk. What do you guys think? Worth a try going for the RMA, or should I continue to hassle the guy who sold it?

Message Edited by Pikidalto on 06-25-2010 06:59 AM

Pikidalto wrote:

Hi,

And guess what? The screen looks a bit too much like a broken LCD (kinda like one of my previous phones after literally sitting on the screen), and the blue light around the wheel won’t light, not to mention the “dents” around the edges like someone wanted to open it. I did order it off of ebay , but the screen was still in one piece, the light lit up, and the guy who sold it says it was new (as in, never opened the packaging). I sent him an email and he said to try getting a RMA from Sandisk. What do you guys think? Worth a try going for the RMA, or should I continue to hassle the guy who sold it?

Absolutely NOT! This guy on eBay sold you a used POS and claimed it was new? No; he needs to accept the return ( plus shipping back charges) and then he can try and get an RMA!

You shouldn’t have the hassle him either. If he refuses to take it back, simply open a complaint with eBay using the “Merchandise Not As Described” reason.

Pikidalto wrote:

Hi,

And guess what? The screen looks a bit too much like a broken LCD (kinda like one of my previous phones after literally sitting on the screen), and the blue light around the wheel won’t light, not to mention the “dents” around the edges like someone wanted to open it. I did order it off of ebay , but the screen was still in one piece, the light lit up, and the guy who sold it says it was new (as in, never opened the packaging). I sent him an email and he said to try getting a RMA from Sandisk. What do you guys think? Worth a try going for the RMA, or should I continue to hassle the guy who sold it?

Absolutely NOT! This guy on eBay sold you a used POS and claimed it was new? No; he needs to accept the return ( plus shipping back charges) and then he can try and get an RMA! He’s just trying to pass-the-buck!

You shouldn’t have to hassle him either. If he refuses to take it back, simply open a complaint with eBay in the ‘Resolution Center’ using the “Merchandise Not As Described” reason.