Biggest :) ever

@boburanus wrote:
I have known numerous Ipod owners who are on their 2nd/3rd ipod because of faulty components. Apple is a perfect example of selling a bad product for a quick buck. When you go to use your Ipod one time, and it won’t even turn on, I bet you will be missing your Fuze.

iPod people stick with them because they don’t know any different.  It’s unfortunate but that’s the way it is.  I have one (4G 8gb Nano) but I got it for free.  It is a very good player but no better or worse than a lot of others.  I absolutely HATE being tied to iTunes, however.  I would never have paid $150 for it.

As someone else mentioned, take a look at the Apple forums.  They are filled with people complaining about bad hardware, buggy software and the fact that Apple decides what you need; mainly because Steve Jobs has an ego the size of a planet.  

is there another digital media player besides the sandisk fuze or the creative zen that can handle a lossless codec like FLAC?

that alone exempts it from POS status IMHO.

Stop it, stop it people, don’t let this ■■■■■ know that he will be worse off when he gets a iPlop, we don’t need his like around here.

@emagon4523 wrote:

is there another digital media player besides the sandisk fuze or the creative zen that can handle a lossless codec like FLAC?

The iPod supports the Apple lossless codec. Of course its proprietary - its Apple.

Its quite possible that switching to an iPod will fix his problem. Or not. Maybe he’ll get a different set of problems.

All I know is that I’m really happy to avoid iTunes. It actually used to be a reasonably good piece of software a few years ago. Now it takes ages to load because they’re constantly bloating it…and they intentionally break stuff so you can’t use old versions. You should read the iTunes terms of service…its like, “we can break this or completely shut you down whenever we feel like it. Disagree with these terms, and you can’t put music on your iPod.”

Message Edited by bdb on 01-09-2009 02:36 PM

All my friends have Ipods and a couple have Zunes. The people with the Zunes are like “Zune’s are better than Ipods, it’s the same thing + FM radio.” Well guess what, the Fuze is a Zune + MicroSD compatible, even better. Both have better screen resolutions, I’ll give them that. However, I hate that on the Fuze if you click an artist, you get albums. I wish you would just get the songs. The touchpad on the Ipods are kind of annoying though too. There’s no accelerated scrolling like the fuze and you aren’t actually moving a wheel like on the Fuze, and it feels unnatural and takes forever to scroll through the entire library. The Fuze is a little bulky though and the battery life isn’t very good for me, only like half the time what it says you get. The stock headphones aren’t very comfortable as opposed to the nice Apple headphones.

Message Edited by shenanagins1091 on 01-09-2009 03:10 PM

He’s gonna poop his diaper when he finds out the iPods don’t come with manuals, either.

Manuals are online. Anyone who can’t figure that one out isn’t smart enough to have a MP3 player and should return it to point of purchase before they hurt themselves.

No offense intended but,this is the first and only time i’ve seen anyone post that the Fuze is “bulky”!

@shmince wrote:
 No offense intended but,this is the first and only time i’ve seen anyone post that the Fuze is “bulky”!

Well, compared to the Clip, the Fuze is bulky :stuck_out_tongue:

Gentlemen, Gentlemen . . .

At least he was able to muster up the guts to type something is this post, unlike his other mindless contribution.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen . . .

At least he was able to muster up the guts to type something in this post, unlike his other mindless contribution.

I guess you’ve never seen an Ipod nano or a Zune. I’m not refering to the large Zune which is like putting a TV guide to your face or the Ipod clasic either. Compared to these players, I consider it to be bulky. It weighs considerably more than the new Nano and just a tad more than the Zune and is a tad thicker than both.

Message Edited by shenanagins1091 on 01-09-2009 06:07 PM

@dono wrote:
   The Sansa Fuze is the biggest piece of ■■■■ ever!!! No instruction manual, website doesnt work, poor layout, CANT USE IT WHILE ITS CHARGING??? I cant wait to take this thing back and get a real player - IPOD!!!

I worked for Apple at the Canadian headquarters in Markham for a year and in that time I never purchased an ipod even though I had discounts. It still wasn’t worth it especially with the lack of features and discounted price. They are a great employer though.

Bonus: Apple ships some of their goods/empty RMA boxes with UPS and UPS has a very specific shipping software for companies to use. Unfortunately they only wrote the program for PC so the shipping department had some PC’s to use. This however was before Intel and Apple teamed up. :wink:

@dono wrote:
   The Sansa Fuze is the biggest piece of ■■■■ ever!!! No instruction manual, website doesnt work, poor layout, CANT USE IT WHILE ITS CHARGING??? I cant wait to take this thing back and get a real player - IPOD!!!

Did you buy a refurbished or used one? My package came with an instruction manual and everything needed. I’m using the website as we speak and I have no problems. Maybe you? need a new computer or internet connection. Also, why would you want to use it while it’s charging? It would just take longer to charge.

Enjoy your restricted, feature-less, mainstream fad ipod by the way :smiley:

The Ipod Touch is the best MP3 player out there though, so don’t completely say it’s featureless. Whether or not it’s worth the $250, that is debatable.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
The Ipod Touch is the best MP3 player out there though, so don’t completely say it’s featureless. Whether or not it’s worth the $250, that is debatable.

That really depends on your definition of “best”. It’s the most expensive  average-sounding device with lots of available functions and a pretty touch screen and only a max of 32GB…at $400. That’s not the best in my book. If someone gave me one, sure I’d check it out. I’d play games, browse the Web, watch videos…and if I wanted to listen to music, I’d grab my CLip or Fuze , with my aftermarket headphones, and revel in the sound of Sansa…maybe while playing Mario Kart on the Touch!

It’s the best. Good sound quality, applications, good screen resolution, nice touch screen, WiFi, all that good stuff. Sansa should make a touch screen mp3 player.

The features are cute, the motion detector, bells and whistles… too much bling.  Somebody forgot that the purpose of that chrome jeweled thing is to be compact and make music.

Just like the iPhone, they’re awkward and kludgy for my tastes.  The pitch and roll feature is fun for games.  What were they thinking when engineering that awful skinny headphone jack?  Probably the same mindset with the music source: proprietary accessories.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
It’s the best. Good sound quality, applications, good screen resolution, nice touch screen, WiFi, all that good stuff. Sansa should make a touch screen mp3 player.

There is no “best” for everyone.  Personally, I have never found an Apple DMP that I really cared for…

That’s why I’m here on the Sandisk forum…:stuck_out_tongue:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

So it has all the functions of a good PDA except probably doesn’t to the PIM part as well, and all apps have to be licensed by Apple.