Biggest :) ever

@dono wrote:

Still think its inferior. Instruction manual is made available through the website only…because its 38 pages long!!! Check and tell me I’m wrong. I’d be more interested in a site that puts less stress on macro and more on info. Like this page foe example is still running a banner ad that says the offer expires 12/15/08!! And the not able to use while charging deal. Funny how you can use it while charging if you purchase an ADDITIONAL accessory. There are my issues, now fix them. oh yea, navigation needs to be streamlined.

My iPod Nano (which I got for free) had a little pamphlet.  The full manual was only available from Apple.com.  Also, you cannot listen to the iPod while plugged into the computer.  If you want to listen to it while it’s charging you have to purchase another type of cable.  Sound familiar?

@jfencl wrote:

@dono wrote:

Still think its inferior. Instruction manual is made available through the website only…because its 38 pages long!!! Check and tell me I’m wrong. I’d be more interested in a site that puts less stress on macro and more on info. Like this page foe example is still running a banner ad that says the offer expires 12/15/08!! And the not able to use while charging deal. Funny how you can use it while charging if you purchase an ADDITIONAL accessory. There are my issues, now fix them. oh yea, navigation needs to be streamlined.

My iPod Nano (which I got for free) had a little pamphlet.  The full manual was only available from Apple.com.  Also, you cannot listen to the iPod while plugged into the computer.  If you want to listen to it while it’s charging you have to purchase another type of cable.  Sound familiar?

Now you’ve ruined it for him.  Now he can’t go over the the iPod forums and complain about it and say he didn’t know it.  And I have a feeling he was warming up for some good quality trolling over there.

@jkj1962 wrote:

Now you’ve ruined it for him.  Now he can’t go over the the iPod forums and complain about it and say he didn’t know it.  And I have a feeling he was warming up for some good quality trolling over there.

You’re right, that would be dishonest. I’m sure he wouldn’t do that.

@jkj1962 wrote:

@jfencl wrote:

@dono wrote:

Oh, and just another couple of observations, the wall charger for the Nano was much more expensive than the one for the Fuze.  Plus, you cannot use an iPod until you download (yeah, from Apple.com) iTunes.  You simply cannot use it.  It is useless without iTunes.  I was able to use my Fuze out of the box, after a little charging.

@dono wrote:

I hesitate to even respond because obviously you are only trying to get a reaction out of people here and are not seriously interested in understanding how this player works. Your only goal is to b!tch, then sit back and watch the fireworks, not even occasionally logging on and contributing to the conversation, but once every 5 days or so.

Definitely Troll behavior! :angry:

Anyway, just so you know Einstein . . .

Manual is 38 pages long - Yeah, so what? No, you’re not wrong, but are you asking it to be longer or shorter? Just for comparison the Rockbox firmware manual is (at last count) 169 pages long! Can you not read, or is it that you’re too lazy or can’t be bothered with taking the time to learn about how the device works? Are you so into ‘instant gratification’ that you can’t spend a few minutes familiarizing yourself with the machine and it’s functions so that you can benefit fully from all that it offers?

This page running a banner ad with an expiration date of 12/15/05 - Don’t know what’s on YOUR computer bud, but that sure ain’t on mine. Maybe you need to hit the ‘refresh’ button once in a while instead of just viewing a ‘cached’ copy of the page.

Not being able to use while charging - This is only half-true. If you are referring to while the player is plugged into your computer, then no you cannot listen to it at the same time. This is because it is also making a data connection. Basically, it is set up that way so everytime you plug in into your computer, it’s ready to receive new files. It cannot play at this same time. If you have an AC charger (and yes, they are an ‘optional’ accessory), then your player ‘knows’ it is not hooked up to any computer and will not expect you to add any new music so yes, you may now listen to it while it charges.

As you said, These are YOUR issues - not the players. YOU need to adapt to how the player is set up to work, not the other way around. There is nothing in what you stated that needs to be fixed . . . other than your attitude.

Navigation need to be streamlined - Oh yeah, how 'bout giving an example and maybe somebody here can help you; explain how it works, or give you you another alternative to accomplishing what you want, or maybe depending what it is, it could be addressed in a future firmware update if it really is a hindrance or inconvenience to the majority of people. But since you couldn’t be bothered to share, we won’t know will we?

Just making a vague, blanket statement such as that is again, just like a  . . . No, I won’t say it.

You’re right and the rest of the world is wrong! The best thing you can do is return it, spend 2 -4 times as much on an i-pod and go crawl back underneath your bridge and listen to it by yourself. You probably won’t be happy, but people like you rarely are.

Wow, and you actually bother to post negative opions about the Fuze on a forum that has people that love their Fuze? Wow, you really are wasting your time, the Fuze is much better than the ipod.

You really must be an ■■■■■ if you really need an instruction manual, because most of the time whenever I get new things like an MP3 player, I don’t need a manual. I’m not saying that people that are new in these type of things are dumb, I wouldn’t blame them for not knowing what to do.

But dude, if you don’t like your product next time, please just shut up, and return it, because just posting that its a piece of ■■■■ on a forum that’s devoted to a certain product, is A COMPLETE TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

Message Edited by pringles on 01-13-2009 06:31 PM

There is nothing wrong with posting negative opinions.  However, this person thinks that the iPod is going to solve all of his problems and he is clearly mistaken.

I won’t sit here and bash other music players.  I still have fond feelings for both of my crappy RCA Lyras.  But, the Clip and the Fuze have both proved to be amazing digital audio players, and I’ve enjoyed just about every minute of using them.  Sure, there are problems and hiccups and kinks to work out, but I can’t really complain.

Hopefully, the original poster’ll give his/her Fuze another chance.  If not, heck, I’ll take it!

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 01-13-2009 08:44 PM

you can actually listen to the fuze while it is connected and charging from the computer. all you need to do is take a small piece of tape and cover the 2 center pins of the usb connector befor you plug it in to the computer. the 2 center pins are used for the data connection. if these pins are covered by tape the fuze will not detact a data connection and it will only charge.

Really? that’s good to know!

@hazza wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Apple does not make microSD cards, so they will not profit from having that expansion in their mp3 players.

If you are trying to imply that the Sansa players only have microSD slots because they make microSD cards then it’s false.

If that were true then they would have created a proprietry slot and memory to match. They would have patented it and then used the DCMA to presecute anybody that made cheaper third party memory.

They have a microSD slots because it is a feature that makes the player much more attractive. I didn’t know about the slot until after I had ordered my Fuze.

Well, there’s no doubt a connection between the capabilities of a lot of sansa players to use microSD and sandisk being the biggest SD card producer in the world. And while I am not absolutely sure I would bet, that most dap producers have to pay some fee to support (micro)SD. SanDisk on the other hand is more or less the inventor of SD cards (which is btw, depending on how you define “proprietry”, exactly that), and surely has to pay no fees. And there is also no doubt, that (micro)SD is also covered with patents, that (at least part of) is held by sandisk.

Just as an example: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7165997.html

@calv wrote:

Well, there’s no doubt a connection between the capabilities of a lot of sansa players to use microSD and sandisk being the biggest SD card producer in the world. And while I am not absolutely sure I would bet, that most dap producers have to pay some fee to support (micro)SD. SanDisk on the other hand is more or less the inventor of SD cards (which is btw, depending on how you define “proprietry”, exactly that), and surely has to pay no fees. And there is also no doubt, that (micro)SD is also covered with patents, that (at least part of) is held by sandisk.

Just as an example: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7165997.html

I know that they have microSD slots in their players to sell more devices but they don’t lock you into buying THEIR memory (can anyone say Sony?). I could buy a Kingston or a generic microSD card and it will work in the device.

The only reason Apple don’t have expansion card capabilities in their players is that they have not got proprietry memory cards. You watch, when they do bring out the players + Apple only memory the masses will fight one another to bend over for Jobs because it’s “such a revolution”. Us sensible people will just shake our heads and reply ‘we have had that in our Fuze for years’ ‘but but… this is Apple’ will be the pathetic response… losers.

sony’s “MS” are also produced by SanDisk and others. Face it, sandisk makes most of its money with flash memory. So while other dap producers can only hope that in the event the user needs more memory, he decides to buy a new dap made by the same producer again, to make money, sandisk just look at their market shares for high capacity microSD cards and smile… i mean who would you expect to produce the first 32GB microSD cards, seriously?

You might be right about Apple, but compared to that sandisk is not a “moral white sheep”. They also know, what they are doing, but it’s no problem for me.

@hazza wrote:

You watch, when they do bring out the players + Apple only memory the masses will fight one another to bend over for Jobs because it’s “such a revolution”. Us sensible people will just shake our heads and reply ‘we have had that in our Fuze for years’ ‘but but… this is Apple’ will be the pathetic response… losers.

And you know it’s surprising to me that Apple hasn’t come out with their own proprietary memory expansion.  And you’re right, if they ever do, it will be the “Dawn of a new era in mobile audio”.  

I wonder what the reaction to “SlotMusic” would be if it came from Apple instead of SanDisk?

fat lard@@ ■■■■ it up and deal wit it ipods are nice but overated…:smiley:    lol

The iTouch is unbeatable as to what it does overall_ . _ The appls, the video, the music, the WiFi, etc. But, for me, I want something portable and though the Touch is slim, it was kind of big length and width wise, and I’m not interested in forking out $250 for one since I could care less about Apps and video.

TROLL ALERT!!!

@roj wrote:
TROLL ALERT!!!

Just needed to read the first (and last) post of this thread to figure that out. A big, fat, hairy troll!!

Shenanagains is not a troll. The OP may have been. I dont know why this thread was dug up again but, let it go.

The iTouch (like ALL Apple players) suffers form poor audio quality, a lack of sound tailoring capabilities and a woefully inadequate feature set (minimal relevant format support, no folder support, requires software be installed on your machine to use it, no relevant video format support - I don’t view Apple audio and video formats as relevant in the face of FLAC, ogg, XviD, etc.).

It’s also - like every single Apple product - grossly overpriced.

It’s why I buy products like Cowon and Sansa: intelligent, feature rich, reasonably priced well-built products with excellent audio quality.

I’ve gone through a lot of DAPs in my time and Apple produicts are’nt even on my radar.  I’m all about the audio quality and don’t do the “trendy coffee table golly gee whiz chat pieces” mindset.

Message Edited by roj on 04-09-2009 02:32 PM