Best Sync Method, period -- that's all I'm asking.

I want to sync BOTH playlists AND ratings.

Windows Media Player stinks; it’s slow and annoying.

MediaMonkey, with the Fuze in MTP mode works fine, but stays “stuck” on the last song transferred… for a VERY long time (see WMP issues.)

MediaMonkey, with the Fuze in MSC mode works fine, but does not transfer playlists.  The list appears, but it is EMPTY.  The ratings, however, are perfectly preserved.

Winamp appears to switch the Fuze into AutoDetect mode.  It works just fine, but ALL of the ratings become 1 Star.

So… WHAT AM I MISSING?!

Seems like your closest candidate is Media Monkey. Why don’t you look at their forums about making playlists. Surely the question has arisen there.

I sync my music by dragging and dropping the folders onto the device in MSC mode. To sync playlists, I create them in Media Monkey, export them as m3u playlists and then copy them to the device in the same relative position. That is, all my music on my computer in in a folder called “Music.” My Playlist folder is in the same director as the Music folder. My device also has the music in a Music folder and playlists in a Playlist folder, so when I drag and drop the playlist files from the computer to the device, it seems to work perfectly.

@runandwrite wrote:

I sync my music by dragging and dropping the folders onto the device in MSC mode. To sync playlists, I create them in Media Monkey, export them as m3u playlists and then copy them to the device in the same relative position.

I hate to split hairs, but this really isn’t ‘syncing’. If more people would forget about ‘syncing’ and load their players as you do, there would be far less confusion and people with problems.

Of course, if that happened what would we have to talk about? :smileyvery-happy: