Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Being PUSHED into iPOD

Anything that is compatible with the Apple dock connector standard will be subject to the whims of Apple.  They will demand a license agreement faster than you can log in to iTunes.  They relentlessly pursue it, simply poke around on the internet to see proof.

I think there's a possible caption to that Steve Jobs "halo" picture.  It's not a religious one as you may think.  I'll bet he's thinking of that new custom Gulfstream jet he now envisions for his collection.

Bob  Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

neutron_bob wrote:

I think there's a possible caption to that Steve Jobs "halo" picture.  It's not a religious one as you may think.  I'll bet he's thinking of that new custom Gulfstream jet he now envisions for his collection.

This reminds me of the flamboyent Liberace . . .

He used to love showing off his mink coats, gaudy rings and baubles to his audience at his live performances. He'd ask, "Do you like it? You should . . . you bought it!"

Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

You should visit the Off Typic section here and the discussion Am I the only one here who doesn't like Ipod?

You'd find many people who agree.

And I also think that Apple wouldn't allow anyone to have another player connec to the iPood's connector, yes that monopoly issue they seem to have.  One former Fuze owner , who didn't want to be bothered with anything more then "on/off" on their player and didn't like that there wasn't any accessories for Fuze went to an iPood.  I'm not suggesting that at all.  check out the Accessories For the Fuze - link here.

The Accessories section for more ideas.

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 04-14-2010 03:48 PM
Highlighted

It's a money thing. Why build a universally used plug when you can make the accessories specific to your product?

I have a feeling that the 3.5mm headphone jack has the possibility to solve all of (y)our problems...!

Then again, having accessories catered to EVERY sound system/mp3 (virtually every handheld music device out there) would be a smart biz move.

Hai Sandisk! Nice to have such a supportive company behind me and my products!