Before buying: songs playing at a slower speed?

:smileyvery-happy:

@conversionbox wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

ROTFLMAO :smileyvery-happy: ^^

Ditto… And Hey Marvin did you dl the clip update? did it fix this issue?

I did the update, but my clip doesn’t have any issues!:stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Have you noticed how everyone seems to be quoting fuze_owner-GB's post just so they can see the dead horse picture again? Very Monty Python-esque!

You’d think that guy’s arm would be getting tired by now.

I’m still laughing!

:smileyvery-happy:  :smileyvery-happy:   :smileyvery-happy:   :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Have you noticed how everyone seems to be quoting fuze_owner-GB's post just so they can see the dead horse picture again? Very Monty Python-esque!

You’d think that guy’s arm would be getting tired by now.

I’m still laughing!

:smileyvery-happy:  :smileyvery-happy:   :smileyvery-happy:   :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope…I hadn’t noticed! :stuck_out_tongue: :smileyvery-happy:

@conversionbox wrote:

No.  It did not fix the issues on the clip.  44.1kHz sample rate files are still slow.  I looks as though it will have to wait until the next update cycle.  How often are those?   Generally once a quarter?

Huh.  I thought it was just me.  I’m an amateur dj and I’m extremely sensitive to the speed my tracks are playing at and it’s playing stuff back noticeably slower.  Which would be very bad if everyone listening to my stuff hear’s the same thing.  But if it’s just specific to the fuze I can live with it.

I’ve noticed that a great many of the posters experiencing this supposed “problem” are brand new to these boards and they always seem to be the ones confirming this alleged “issue”.This seems just a little too much like a coincidence to me.

@shmince wrote:

I’ve noticed that a great many of the posters experiencing this supposed “problem” are brand new to these boards and they always seem to be the ones confirming this alleged “issue”.This seems just a little too much like a coincidence to me.

It hs been basiclly cinfirmed that the issue is limited to V2 fuzes. Some thing is set wrong, Next firmware should see a fix (Or atleast a bandaid for now)

O.K. CB  thanks.I guess that explains the discrepancy. 

Just now downloaded the new firmware, will have a listen and see if it’s fixed…

once i figure out how to get my **bleep** audiobooks to work!

@shmince wrote:

You read too much into that…People just joined the thread that described their problem. After I spotted it myself, first thing I searched for on google was ‘sandisk forums’ to see if I have just a bad luck or some other people experience the same issue.

And anyway, as ConversionBox already wrote, this is not a “supposed problem” nor an “alleged issue”. This is a REAL bug in V2, that has been already confirmed by sandisk crew. Maybe it applies only to a handful of devices, I don’t know, but it definitely exists.

BTW. The day I joined is the day I bought my device. Wanna see my VAT invoice? :wink:

Message Edited by bungl on 02-22-2009 12:05 PM

Just to keep this discussion alive…

I very recently purchased a Fuze, based on excellent reviews I found on the web.  Yes, it’s an excellent little player for the money, but I’ve found a serious shortcoming - this player refuses to play at the correct speed.  I was syncing up the Fuze to a CD player (just comparing the audio difference/quality), both playing the same track (and carefully matching the beat with a little pause button dancing!), one earphone from the Fuze and one from the CD player, and the Fuze marginally slipped ahead.  Obviously, this was becoming more noticeable as the track wore on.  Just to be sure, I tried again and the Fuze marginally slipped ahead again.  I grabbed my old Creative Nomad Jukebox harddrive player, did the same test with the CD player and it was synced as close as you’d ever want.  I grabbed an iPod Nano and, once again, synced the Fuze audio with the CD audio and the Nano stuck with the speed of the CD player.  I tried my old Lexar flash MP3 player and it played in time with the CD.  What’s going on with the Fuze?

I’m on firmware V02.02.26F.  Out of curiosity I thought I’d get an older firmware and try it.  I found V02.01.17, installed it and tried again.  The Fuze was playing back just as quickly.  This is not way off, but it’s off.  I’m no expert, but is it not easy to give the Fuze some firmware to make it play at the right speed?  The Nano can do it!  I didn’t want an iPod…but maybe I should’ve got a Nano?  I have my MP3s as LAME V0 VBR files at 44.1kHz.  I tried a FLAC file - fast, just like MP3.  I tried a 320 CBR MP3 - same again.  128 WMA - same.  It’s just slightly fast every time.  I resampled a 44.1 MP3 to 48kHz, but it made no difference.  I’ve reformatted, re-flashed, done all the ‘re’ things you can think of, but no difference.

OK, so my tests are hardly scientific (I didn’t create sine waves or play it through an oscilloscope!), but they’re real world and that’s where I want to use the Fuze.  Maybe there are lots of variables here…the CD player isn’t 100% accurate, the MP3 files are possibly corrupt, but either the Fuze is 100% accurate and my CD players, PC and music files are off…or the Fuze is at fault.  I used a couple of CD players, different hardware and software MP3 players, different tracks from different encoders in different formats and the results were the same - fast Fuze.  It’s not like it’s really noticeable to the casual listener listening to the Fuze alone, but do what I did, compare the Fuze against something else playing the same track at the same time.  Can you hear the difference?  A cheap as chips MP3 player can stick to the correct speed (or as close as makes no difference), but not my Fuze.

Do I have a duff player, or is there a known issue that Sansa will be putting right?

I emailed SanDisk and after days of waiting, the reply from their customer service rep was less than helpful - ‘email this department instead’.  Why the rep couldn’t have forwarded me there in the first place was beyond me.  Anyway, I just returned the Fuze to the retailer, got a refund and bought a Sony S639.  Great player and it plays at the correct speed!

Message Edited by brotherdeluxe on 08-09-2009 11:17 PM

I had a single song on my player at one time that played at about quarter speed so i converted it and that solved my issue for good!!   Plus the latest firmware fixed all of these issues!!  The fuse is the best player i have ever seen and used!  The expandable memory and slot music are huge pluses!!  the only thing in my opinion that could make it better is if the included some basic games!!  I hope this helped!!

Hey Fuze owners,

Check out this 9-13-09 message about the pitch/speed problem, from Sansa on the Clip Plus forum…

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=20881&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=4

All,

The SanDisk Firmware developers are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works for the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip+. At this time due to development targeted on the Clip+, firmware for the original Clip is not currently under development. This may change in the future as time permits.

wavydavy,

All of the posts copy and pasting the same response simply are not necessary. If you continue to post these messages you will be ban from posting on this forum. This is your one and only warning. All of your duplicate posts will be deleted. You have gotten your point across and we would like to thank you for your contributions.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=20881&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=4

Was this pitch problem corrected in a firmware update after September?

Ah yes,the Arrangers  infamous “internal clock”.Thanks for the blast from the past,my son and i still laugh about this now classic post. 

OMG, this is so funny.  I had no idea I was famous for my remark so long ago.

I had wondered if SanDisk ever did correct the flaw.

Hey,thanks for being such a good sport Arranger.Well done! I think that this bug was eventually proven true at least to some degree.So, you were vindicated.Merry X-mas and Happy New Year!

Same to you and all here on the forum.  Enjoy the holidays!

@sansafix wrote:
All,

Good news, We have reduced the pitch error by one order of magnitude with little to no effect on battery life (<3%).

The optimization will be included in the next firmware release due out this quarter.

We have optimized for 44Khz and the pitch error is < 0.14%

For all other samples rates its <0.18%

Message Edited by sansafix on 02-19-2009 08:37 AM

Was this actually implemented? If so, which firmware release was it in?

Update : From my search of forum posts, it appears to have been fixed in 1.02.26 and 02.02.26 (but I can’t see it mentioned in the release notes). See http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=23520&query.id=55418#M23520

Message Edited by writedoc on 04-21-2010 06:05 PM