Before buying: songs playing at a slower speed?

For musicians who use the Fuze, it’s a major issue, really a complete dealbreaker that makes the device useless for them if they can’t get the music to play at the correct pitch.

It amazes me how people cling to the anachronistic belief that “bad words,” in and of themselves, are harmful to anyone. Heaven forbid that a child hears a word that describes how s/he was created. We can’t have our children being too knowledgeable about the natural world around them, that would be “bad.”

Or heaven forbid that children hear a word that describes a material that everyone is well familiar with, which comes out of our rear ends every day.  

Words in and of themselves don’t harm people, it’s the way in which they’re used that can be harmful. To curse in frustration at pathological business practices doesn’t harm anyone, and in fact helps society by bringing attention to the problem of pathological business practices. 

When words are used in a threatening or demeaning manner, that is harmful to children and should be avoided.  I find it quite idiosyncratic that many people who would not use a “bad” word in front of a child, would not hesitate to threaten or demean that child if they “misbehave.”  Or that “bad” words are considered unsuitable for children to hear in media regardless of their context, while violence in media is considered suitable so long as the depiction of violence is sufficiently unrealistic (i.e. less gory with less harmful consequences than if the violent act were actually performed).

Message Edited by maxplanck on 02-15-2009 01:26 PM