Before buying: songs playing at a slower speed?

@arranger wrote:

Unfortunately, I have the ‘curse.’  Also known as perfect pitch.  I used to tune pianos and without it, I would have been out of a job.  Tuning instruments requires a sense of pitch beyond what the average listener might perceive.  Anything less is unprofessional.

The Fuze is way off pitch-wise and if I play electronic keyboard against my own recorded electronic keyboard tracks that are transferred to the Fuze, it is ghastly.  Nobody would want to listed to that too long.  This is above the average human’s perception threshold and virtually anyone would find listening in this way intolerable.

I’m realizing now that Sansa is catering to a wide amateur audience with this player and overall it is a very satisfying tool.  My applications are beyond what it was intended to do and it’s dissappointing that such a simple consideration would have made it a pheonominal device.

Thank you, all for your very insightful posts and efforts.

I used to be perfect pitch (I lost the ability thanks to Vocal nodes and 40% hearing loss) So I know what you mean, and yes the fuze is geared for the novice. But For $85 what did you expect? If I wanted something I could carry on stage with me I would have spent 2 or 3 grand. I wanted something I could use for fun. I wanna put my tracks on it too but most of the time I listen for the pleasure of listening. This means I dont think about microscopic differences. Im listening to AC/DC as I type this, and its not in tune, but Im telling my self Bon Scott was jsut a little to drunk when they cut it. I can deal!