Battery

I just purchased a Sansa player.  The first thing it tells me to do is to charge the battery.  It doesn’t say how long to let it sit before I can use it.  Also, it appears that the battery is already charged.  Does anybody have any advice for me?

@mking wrote:
I just purchased a Sansa player.  The first thing it tells me to do is to charge the battery.  It doesn’t say how long to let it sit before I can use it.  Also, it appears that the battery is already charged.  Does anybody have any advice for me?

there is a little yellow lightning bolt icon next to the batter when that stops flashing its done. If its got a charge on it you can use it. Just dont let it go dead.

thank you.  Is the green color the empty or the full?  Also, there’s a flashing white color within the battery icon. 

@mking wrote:
thank you.  Is the green color the empty or the full?  Also, there’s a flashing white color within the battery icon. 

Green is full. Also know that the icon is not representitive of actual battery life, in that its not linear, it goes down in chunks. 

thank you again!  So then is the flashing white color the amount of battery that’s remaining to be charged?

@mking wrote:
thank you again!  So then is the flashing white color the amount of battery that’s remaining to be charged?

It really just means its charging… and is a rough refrence for the remaining amount

The battery icon goes solid green when charging is complete.

The Fuze will get warm as it charges.

For a new player, it’s probably best to fully charge it befire using it - the battery will be happier and might last longer.

Battery power is also listed (as %) under Settings > System Settings > Info

just charge it overnight youll be good.

if you see the battery full in the screen (no flashing) its charged!

The only time it’s really really important to have a good charge is when installing new firmware.  You don’t want it to die halfway through that.

1 Like