Battery won't charge/tried everything on forums

Hi. I’ve had a Fuse for about four months and it’s been charging through my USB port just fine, but when I tried to charge a low battery a few days ago, it wouldn’t charge at all–no green in the indicator… doesn’t matter which USB port I use. I just see the “connected” message. I tried doing the soft reset with the on/off switch and I’ve checked my computer wires, but nothing works. I have never done a  firmware update (I only learnbed about it when I looked on the forums), but I can’t seem to do it now because I have no battery power at all. What to do?

Thanks!

Justine

Use a Wall Charger. Any standard wall plug that you can hook a USB port up to should work.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, but I had read that elsewhere and I don’t have one so I’d have to buy it. I’d hate to spend the money if something is wrong with the player. Why would a USB port that worked suddenly not work?

Its got nothing to do with the Port. Its the battery. The batteries in the player like to be charged more than less. Generally it likes to be charged before it gets to less than 40%. What happens when the battery goes completely dead often it takes a wall chargers output ability to get it to start charging. The only other thing you can try is to plug it in to the PC and let it sit overnight and see if it starts, but I doubt that will help.

Try  1) another PC 

1. another cable if you have a friend who also has a fuze

Do you connect directly to the PC’s USB  or thru an external USB HUB?

Thanks. I had some battery life when I plugged it in the other day, but it “sucked the life out” while I thought it charging (ok, maybe it was playing music and I just didn’t realize it wasn’t charging!) I connect directly to a USB port (HP pavillon laptop, so there’s no rear port). I guess I’ll try a wall charger tomorrow…

@truejc2 wrote:
Thanks. I had some battery life when I plugged it in the other day, but it “sucked the life out” while I thought it charging (ok, maybe it was playing music and I just didn’t realize it wasn’t charging!) I connect directly to a USB port (HP pavillon laptop, so there’s no rear port). I guess I’ll try a wall charger tomorrow…

The laptop factor is a big deal. Is is plugged in? Is any kind of power saver on? Laptops can put out even less power than desktops, so try to find a desktop.

It is plugged in and it is fully charged with no power saver on. It just ■■■■■ that is WAS working fine. I did install a Norton program a few days ago, could that be a problem?

Nah. Norton is not the issue. In general, it just has to do with letting the battery go to low.

laptops may have the same specs as a desktop could, but the Laptop has a tendency to be slower, (except if you compare a Pentium 4 processor desktop with 2.6ghz to a Pentium D processor in a Laptop with 1.6ghz, the Pentium D wins, due to more cache speed, and other stuff that I can’t remember), but whenever a Laptop is not on a charger, it will not run as fast as it does on the charger, (I’ve noticed the performance drop on video games). So, if you ever have to charge your Fuze on a Laptop, have it plugged in, and on. But yes, desktops put out more power.

Does the Fuze turn on when you plug it into the laptop? Does the laptop connect to the Fuze and can you see it in explorer?  If not you may have a USB problem on the computer or a cable problem. Like others have said, trying another cable or computer would narrow that down. 

Yes, it did connect to the laptop and light up and all that, but it wasn’t “juicing”. Anyway, the wall charger worked. So thanks!