Battery replacement?

@jk98 wrote:

10 years? No way. Realistically one should probably expect 3 years of reasonable use. Over time the battery capacity will decrease. While the battery might not be totally dead in 3 years, if its capacity is less than half the original capacity, many might want a new player.

Way. I can believe this is plausible. Certianly not every unit as some are subjected to extremes in temperature and use, but when averaged out it shouldn’t be that hard to imagine or expect. I have a Samsung cellular phone that is coming up on 9 years old, still with the same original Li-ion battery. It’s used every day (with a few holidays off). Granted I’m not talking on it 24/7, but it is still ON drawing current. Also, I’ll admit that I have to charge it more often now as the battery is getting noticably weaker, but the fact is it is really old and still works.

The Li-po battery is the next generation technology over the Li-ion, so I could see this lasting 10 years with care. Maybe not for someone who has their earbuds in 12 hours a day, but with moderate use and sensible care, why couldn’t it last a decade or more?

I don’t have the link handy to the post, but it was Sansafix recently who offered that he’d recycle someone’s Fuze for them when the battery finally died, because they couldn’t stand the thought of throwing it away and that these batteries were not the environmentally-correct and forward-thinking thing to use. He said to look him up in about 10 years. :wink: