Basic question about playlists

I’m trying to learn WMP11 and I don’t quite understand the Playlist function when I sync it to my SansaFuze player.

In WMP, I created a playlist of songs that are ALREADY on my player. When I went to sync the playlist, it appears that WMP puts _ another copy _ of the song on the player. 

Does that mean that if I have one song on 10 different playlists, that song will be repeated 10 times on my player?

I feel I must be doing something wrong, since this would be a real waste of space.

Can someone help explain this to me or tell me the correct way to sync playlists to my Sansafuze?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

@bbigham wrote:

I’m trying to learn WMP11 and I don’t quite understand the Playlist function when I sync it to my SansaFuze player.

In WMP, I created a playlist of songs that are ALREADY on my player. When I went to sync the playlist, it appears that WMP puts _ another copy _ of the song on the player. 

Does that mean that if I have one song on 10 different playlists, that song will be repeated 10 times on my player?

I feel I must be doing something wrong, since this would be a real waste of space.

Can someone help explain this to me or tell me the correct way to sync playlists to my Sansafuze?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Switch your player to MSC mode (you’re probably in MTP mode, which is inferior - use the settings menu to change it) and use a different playlist creator. WMP11 really is ■■■■ for this sort of thing. I will, of course, recommend my own application:

http://paul.dunn.googlepages.com/YAPL_v0.41.zip

Which is pretty nice, if I say so myself :slight_smile:

D.

Dunny,

I haven’t yet tried your application (I will!) but I have to agree that WMP 11 is NOT very good for use with this MP3 player. It is not at all intuitive and far too complicated. 

I am going to try MSC mode and see how that works. You’re the second person who has advised this strategy – despite Sansa’s recommendations. In fact, my partner started using the MSC mode and she’s having far less trouble getting things to work right.

Thanks so much for your help!

Could you repost the URL… The one you listed doesn’t work.