Auto mode is not working properly

You said you rolled back to WMP 10… Have you tried completely uninstalling WMP (regardless of version) and then Going to Windows website and Downloading WMP 10 and reinstalling it fresh? You could have a corruption in your installment. The other thing to try is to get a flash drive and plug it in, if it works then you should be able to use MSC mode, and if that doesnt work then I would manually Rollback the Firmware and re-upgrade. One thing nobody asked are you using a USB hub or expansions, or are the ports your using directly hooked to your motherboard? 

I tried to remove the WMP, still did not work. All my usb ports are working fine, as I had previously stated this MP3 player worked fine a few days ago. How can I manually rollback the firmware?

Go here, and do a manual Install. When I asked about USB Hubs or expansion slots, I was wondering if something could have come loose inside the PC (Its rare but possible). Did you try a flash drive (Not a Music Player) and see what reaction you got?

i checked the pc. its all good physically wise, it has to be something software wise. Also I have tried to downgrade the the firmware, it still did not work. I am going to uninstall WMP again now I suppose lol

Make sure you download it fresh from their site… it could be a problem with the files

Sorry about the confusiion, somehow I blended Vista into the mix.  As you have XP, and have encountered issues around a WiMP11 / WiMP10 rollback, it’s possible Windows has kludged up the registry entries.

I agree, under add / remove Windows components, uninstall WiMP, then do a clean installation.

Recognizing a media device in MTP mode is the domain of windows media player.

Bob  :cry:

Well maybe im uninstalling wrong, because know I cant see WMP listed under the add/remove program list, but it is still working.

Look under “add/remove Windows Components” for the base Windows Media Player, and “add/remove programs” for Windows Media Player 11.

µsansa

I tried doing the add/remove program way but I cant see WMP11 or the runtime, just the updates, so I removed them. Also I removed the wmp from windows component. But whenver I go to start>>run>>wmplayer    the wmp still loads up fine, therefore I have not removed it.

@smartinez281 wrote:
I tried doing the add/remove program way but I cant see WMP11 or the runtime, just the updates, so I removed them. Also I removed the wmp from windows component. But whenver I go to start>>run>>wmplayer    the wmp still loads up fine, therefore I have not removed it.

This might work - I haven’t experienced your particular problem, so YMMV. However, I have followed this sequence on my (work!) PC, and it didn’t actually break anything…

Uninstall WMP11. Reboot
Uninstall WMP 11 Runtime. Reboot.
Remove the WMP component from Windows. Reboot.
[As far as I can see, these steps don’t really remove WMP at all, just roll it back to some ancient version.]

rename C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpdusb.sys or move it out of the way. Reboot.
[Don’t delete wpdusb.sys, you might need to put it back if this process goes **bleep** up!]

By now, Windows Update should be clamouring to apply a load of WMP11 updates. Let it do so, and reboot everytime it asks you to. For me, the updates came in two tranches, each followed by a reboot. YMMV.

At the end of that, you should have a nice new copy of wpdusb.sys.

Check the Device Manager, and uninstall any old ghost Fuze devices.

Offer up a prayer, plug in the Fuze, and see if it works…

Message Edited by daytona955 on 05-20-2009 09:25 AM

It still does not work. Well one sliver of hope is there tough, it installs the MTP drivers fine, and the player works/recharges fine for about a minute, then it starts acting crazy again (it disconnects on its on        reconnects  but does not sync nor charge, PC states that no device is connected and i get the yellow blip by the sansa fuze in the device manager)

At least it does not give me the error message of the last pic i posted

@smartinez281 wrote:

It still does not work. Well one sliver of hope is there tough, it installs the MTP drivers fine, and the player works/recharges fine for about a minute, then it starts acting crazy again (it disconnects on its on        reconnects  but does not sync nor charge, PC states that no device is connected and i get the yellow blip by the sansa fuze in the device manager)

At least it does not give me the error message of the last pic i posted

Oh… :cry:

Have you turned off power management on the USB hubs? Go into Device Manager,  right click on the USB Root Hub you use to connect the Fuze (or all of them if you don’t know…), chose Properties, and on the Power Management tab, un-tick ‘Allow the computer to turn off…’

If that doesn’t work, maybe there is something running that interferes. Get Process Explorer,run it and save a list of processes (File->Save As). Then post the contents of the list here, and maybe the collective wisdom of the forum will spot something (if you’'re lucky!).

Message Edited by daytona955 on 05-20-2009 08:28 PM

Also, you may have a wee bit of competition going on.  Several users have found that the PS3 drivers, if installed, steal access from the Sansa.  The symptoms are similar: the device is recognized, then is lost.

Bob  :wink:

YES BOB THAT WAS IT!!!

It turns out I did install a USB driver for my PS3 controller. lol silly me.

Now the player is picked up fine in MTP mode and it recharges, however one problem.

I know this is frowned upon

but

BUMP

@smartinez281 wrote:

I know this is frowned upon

but

BUMP

Frowned upon yes…  but Helpful… I was looking into this the other day and It had slipped my mind… Ill play with it later and let ya know.

Indeed, I’ve been maxed out these past few days.

Note that the highlight in your last screenshot is on the library itself, and not the device.  Was the album listed imported and ripped successfully?  It is possible that the album was transferred into WiMP’s library as mp3 files?

Are the music files properly imported, if this is the case?  The player may not be able to find the files themselves.  Check WiMP’s folder monitoring.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

what’s “bump” ?

@joyfulone wrote:
what’s “bump” ?

Just typing the word ‘bump’ without any further information for the sole purpose of shooting the thread to the top of the pecking order and ‘highlighting’ the thread with a ‘new’ post. This gets people to look at it again.

Widely considered a forum faux paux.

thank you  i keep seeing it and was wondering

:dizzy_face: