Audiobooks, resume feature, and Ch.Mode

What I really want is this: when I restart an audiobook, I want the current track and position to be the track that was being played when I left the audiobook.  The work-around of joining all of the tracks to a single mp3 file does not always work because it discards chapter and topic identification that may be associated with individual tracks.

For example, I have one “audiobook” of about 10 CDs and about 130 tracks.  I need to keep the tracks because they identify sections of the audiobook and topics discussed.  I frequently need to go back and listen to specific topics.  

I have less need for a “return to the last audiobook listened to” capability.  That would be useful sometimes but I don’t have so many audiobooks that I don’t remember which audiobook I was listening to.

Another audiobook enhancement that I would like is to be able to see the author in the audiobook listing.  I have several audiobooks with confusingly similar titles and the best way to distinguish them is by author.  Another approach that would be ok is the option to sort audiobooks by author instead of by title.