Audiobook Formats, ID tags, etc...I don't know....

I have downloaded a number of audiobooks from different places and have loaded a number of them into my Fuze.  Now I have found a couple of perplexing and frustrating problems.

1. Load and get listed under “Audiobooks” with the title of book, where during playback I get:

Author

Title of book

Chapter (name, number, etc)

This is what I want and assume is the way it should be stored and listed.

2. Others get listed under “Audiobooks” but under “Unknown” where if I open the “Unknown” book I get a number of different titles with a mish-mash of chapter listings where during playback I get:

Author

Unknown

Chapter (name, number, etc)

Not what I want as during playback I jump from one book to another depending on the chapter titles being similar and following in numeric order…all chapter ones play before chapter twos…etc…

Any suggestions?  In one case I have two books in a series from the same source, same author, different book titles.  One is as above in the first example and the other is stored as described in the second example.

I’ve played around with the ID tags with no success.

Though it should not make a difference as I am simply dragging and dropping in MSC mode.

NormZ

Use mp3tag to set your id3 tags using ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 if you want the files to play in the expected order.  You might need to first remove the files from the player, refresh its database, then edit the ID3 tags on the computer, and then put the edited files back on the player.

It is irrelevant if you use MSC or MTP mode since the player organizes all files according to the ID3 tags.

Markster,

Thanks for the input.  As a matter of fact I forgot to mention that I use a Mac so the only option I have for my Audiobooks is drag’n’drop in MSC. Do you think it will be a problem if I convert all my ID3 tags to version 2.4?  As I have that ability with iTunes.

Thanks,

NormZ 

@normz wrote:

Markster,

Thanks for the input.  As a matter of fact I forgot to mention that I use a Mac so the only option I have for my Audiobooks is drag’n’drop in MSC. Do you think it will be a problem if I convert all my ID3 tags to version 2.4?  As I have that ability with iTunes.

Thanks,

NormZ 

Not sure, Normz.  I think the Fuze works okay with ID3v2.4 tags, but I haven’t experimented with that.  All I can say is try it and see how well it works for you.

You can customize the format, speed, chapter, ID tags and more as you like by the Audible audiobook converter. 

You can try this Audiobook Converter for Mac, which can convert AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc. and most importantly, saving the complete ID3 tags in the converted files. Also, it is available to customize ID3 tags as required.