As I predicted, the Fuze price is going up!

Around a year ago I bought an 8 GB  Fuze for around $62. I just checked Amazon, and the price is $79.28!!!

While refurbs are cheaper, I don’t buy refurbs. Some were expecting new 8 GB Fuze players to drop below $50. That clearely hasn’t happened. The Fuze is now higher priced than the Fuze+($79.28 vs $71.99 for 8 GB)

It’s $79.28 for the black 8GB if you buy it from Amazon, but there are third-party sellers.

Target lists the black 8GB on Amazon for $62.79.

And SanDisk lists the silver 8GB on Amazon for $64.95 (bulk packaging).

I guess Target wants to clear out their inventory of Fuzes. The Target price is increased by around the $6 they charge for shipping(I guess you can’t just pick it up at a Target store for $62.79?) and sales tax. It still comes out a bit cheaper at Target even with the shipping cost and sales tax.

My point was that people were expecting the 8 GB Fuze to soon be under $50. Dealers don’t seem eager to dump their Fuze inventory at low prices.

But on the plus side, SanDisk is selling their 32GB Micro SDHC card on a Black Friday Special for only $62.99 + FREE shipping!

Wow! :dizzy_face:

Where is the bulk packaging offer from Amazon for $64.95? I can’t find it. :cry:

Thanks!

@jk98 wrote:

I guess Target wants to clear out their inventory of Fuzes. The Target price is increased by around the $6 they charge for shipping(I guess you can’t just pick it up at a Target store for $62.79?) and sales tax. It still comes out a bit cheaper at Target even with the shipping cost and sales tax.

My point was that people were expecting the 8 GB Fuze to soon be under $50. Dealers don’t seem eager to dump their Fuze inventory at low prices.

That was a silly presumption. Look around Amazon, and you can find a bunch of  brand-new players that are discontinued for very high prices…I saw a 30GB 5th-gen iPod Video on there now for $299.99, which is more expensive than when it was first introduced!

@happycat wrote:

Where is the bulk packaging offer from Amazon for $64.95? I can’t find it. :cry:

Thanks!

There’s a better one on the Sandisk Shop.  Free shipping and while supplies last.  A 8gb fuze is for $59.99.

Tapeworm wrote:

But on the plus side, SanDisk is selling their 32GB Micro SDHC card on a Black Friday Special for only $62.99 + FREE shipping!

Wow! :dizzy_face:

It gets better - code “SDTHANKS10” gets the 32gb card form Sandisk for $56.69 + free shipping. Pretty nice!

Sandisk’s $64.95 bulk package offer on Amazon, silver 8GB Fuze:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Video-Silver-Packaging/dp/B004CSY96W/ref=sr_1_17?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1290860607&sr=1-17

CORRECTION: The seller is listed as BuyAccessories, *not* Sandisk.  Apologies for the confusion.

The 8GB Fuze is sold out on the Sandisk site

@happycat wrote:

The 8GB Fuze is sold out on the Sandisk site

Yeah…at such a low price, and on Black Friday, it can sell out very quickly.