Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Are you happy with the battery life on the Fuze?

My favorite comment in the AA battery powered player thread is the comment that the Clip+ gets around 12 hours of play time with around 3 hours of charging, so play time is 4x charge time, while with 4 Sanyo AA nimh 2700 mah batteries charged in a 15 minute charger, and a player that can play 40 hours on one 2700 mah battery, play time is 640x charge time. That didn't seem to impress many people. I hate the chore of charging batteries though, and having the play time/charge time ratio as high as practical is important to me. 640x vs 4x is very impressive!

Highlighted

Next time I will buy a music player, I will definetely look for replaceable batteries, also because it will make the lifetime of the same player longer, which is environmentally friendly. With extra long battery time (or flexible solution), I would be willing to pay more.

'We must become the change we want to see in this world.' Gandhi.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

"Next time I will buy a music player, I will definetely look for replaceable batteries"

You can look for players with an easily swappable battery, but if things don't change, you will only find basic players without a display like the Slotmusic player or Slotradio To Go player, low quality players, or very old low capacity players. I keep hoping things will change, but until then I have an external usb battery pack that uses AA nimh batteries.

http://www.tekkeon.com/products-tekcharge1550.html

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I hope your tekkeon is still working. I just for fun tried to recharge the batteries through the device and now its RMA'd. The support team was only interested if they could sell me on a larger unit for the low amphour fuze...LOL

I hope you haven't tested the tekkeon 1550 to the marketed limits with only your fuze......LMAO

go to belkin or http://forums.adafruit.com/viewforum.php?f=15 when your unit pops and it will.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Imo the vast majority of those who have had problems with the Tekkeon mp1550 were probably using it with alkaline batteries at some point. I think that very few people who only used it with nimh batteries had problems with it. Imo the heat generated from using alkaline batteries in it is what might damage its circuitry.

Highlighted

How long do want it to last, maybe I'm lucky but mine lasts for days literally. My daughter has a zoon and mine last at least 3-4 times longer then hers and twice as long as my sons i-pod.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

Mine is over two years old now.  It's hard to be exact, but I probably get around 8 hours with average scrolling around/LCD use.  Maybe a bit more.  Capacity has decreased noticably in the last two years with daily use.

I'd like the option of a replacable battery- seems to be fairly simple thing to open a segment of the case and drop in a new batery similar to a cell phone.  I also think using AAA batteries makes some sense even if it adds to the size.  Nothing like the ease of use and availability of standard batteries. 

I recently bought a new camera and one criteria that I prioritized was use of AA batteries because of our past camera using proprietary battery and seemingly alwasy running out of batteries and not having a spare charged up.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it's just an mp3 player so probably bigger things in life to worry about.  Back to work.

Highlighted

My Fuze has a great battery life. I use it a couple of hours a day for audiobooks and only need to recharge every couple of weeks. It lasts about the same as my last device - a Creative Nano that took AAAs, and without the environmental impact of tossing batteries. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@JK98 wrote:

Imo the vast majority of those who have had problems with the Tekkeon mp1550 were probably using it with alkaline batteries at some point. I think that very few people who only used it with nimh batteries had problems with it. Imo the heat generated from using alkaline batteries in it is what might damage its circuitry.

My tekkeon popped only using rechargable batteries. Worked great until I plugged it in to see if it would charge also.  One week and its going where all the writers of  bad reviews on Amazon sent theirs. The support desk only asked if I needed a larger capacity unit they sell. Mintyboost looks like the unit to get if you have the skills.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Which rechargeable batteries did you use in the Tekkeon mp1550? Were they nimh? The mp1550 won't charge nicad batteries. Perhaps you might have done something else wrong, or there was a problem with your batteries? The Tekkeon mp1550 manual also states that the batteries should be completely depleted before charging them in the device.