Are there speaker systems for the Fuze?

IMO SanDisk does a disservice to themselves and their customers by not offering dedicated accessories for their music players. Without the massive market-share their biggest competitor has, third-parties are not likely to take on that task. Without a nicer selection of accessories, SanDisk is not likely to gain much market-share. It’s a Catch22 cycle that only SanDisk can break. That said, last I checked there was one set of speakers designed specifically for the Fuze, and one docking station. TMK nothing interfaces with the Fuze’s OS, including the aforementioned speakers and dock, so you have no remote control capabilities for example. (It has been a while since I last shopped for accessories so there may be a couple new items I am not aware of.)

That all said, the headphone jack is the most versatile option for connecting the Fuze to something other than headphones, making virtually any powered speaker system compatible. You can use any (non-USB) speaker system designed for computers, or any internally amplified speaker for audiophile or recording studio applications. If you already have a music system with an available input (i.e. AUX, Tape, CD, Video, or Line, but not Phono), you can use a 3.5MM to 2 RCA “Y” adapter to hook up the Fuze.

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 11-29-2009 08:23 AM