Are there ANY possible mods for fuze v2

So i asked a question previously if i could get rockbox for fuze v2 but got a no :frowning:

First let me explain myself. The only reason why I wanted rockbox in the fist place was because I saw a video show rockbox doing coverflow and also because I really want a white background with black font. I dont care about games, themes or that other stuff. I am a little OCD when it comes to album art and I like BIG album art. So are there any mods for the fuze that could help me do this, or could just help me get the white background and black text? Thank you guys so much for your help in my previous question. This is a great forum.

PS if there are no such mods do you guys think that the next firmware will allow us to cuztomiz our player more? I hope so! :smiley:

In your last thread you were told that you could install rockbox, but most people thought you shouldn’t be modding your Sansa at all since you described your self as bad with technology.  I think that answer still applies to what you just asked.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:17 PM

@tomjensen wrote:
Aw geez just let the poor dude try it… What’s the worst that can happen… YO EMMANUELLE JUST DO IT!

Cool name by the way saw all your movies.

I didn’t say he shouldn’t.  And weren’t you encouraging him not to install it?  

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:17 PM

That’s how I learned not to dismantle the Fuze (Which I did just for the fun of it). Those things are IMPOSSSIBLE to put back together! After spending almost 3 days trying, I finally had to give up after i broke the screen cable. Then, I got lucky… Best Buy was having a clearence sale on 8 gig Fuzes (whereas mine was only 4 gigs). The OH SH!T method prevails !:smileyvery-happy:

That’s how I learned not to dismantle the Fuze (Which I did just for the fun of it). Those things are IMPOSSSIBLE to put back together! After spending almost 3 days trying, I finally had to give up after i broke the screen cable. Then, I got lucky… Best Buy was having a clearence sale on 8 gig Fuzes (whereas mine was only 4 gigs). The OH :robottongue: method prevails:smileyvery-happy:!

Message Edited by microsansa on 05-02-2010 05:26 PM

Speaking of album art, I installed Rockbox on my v1 (The really big nerd at my school gave me a thumbs up for doing this) but none of my album art showed up.  How exactly do I get Rockbox to recognize it?

album.jpg in the folder with the music files is easiest.  The album art wiki page explains the other ways you can do it.

the latest build of RB now has write support.

Link

@tomjensen wrote:

I call it the OH :robottongue: method of learning.

Okay guys, let’s not forget that this is a family forum.  Hiding a word with an exclamation point is pushing it a little, please keep it clean.  We don’t want the forums to devolve into… such things.

microsansa

The Sansa Mod Team

Message Edited by microsansa on 05-02-2010 05:25 PM

Frankly, I don’t care much for moral nazis. I’ll take my leave, and my messages elsewhere. Thanks for all the fish.

@blcistheking wrote:

Link

Thanks! Good news. Just installed it and it rocks. The minus is at the moment there is no support for radio, but the rest of the functions are performing very good. The text reader supports only English, not sure if I can have some other language. The interface languages other than English are working all right.

Message Edited by Etoja on 05-06-2010 03:18 AM

@etoja wrote:

@blcistheking wrote:

Link

Thanks! Good news. Just installed it and it rocks. The minus is at the moment there is no support for radio, but the rest of the functions are performing very good. The text reader supports only English, not sure if I can have some other language. The interface languages other than English are working all right.

Message Edited by Etoja on 05-06-2010 03:18 AM

Your radio doesn’t work?  Could you double check and if it still doesn’t work go report it in rockbox forums. 

Saratoga, I guess it shouldn’t work as it is not yet supported in v.2. (I got Rockbox r25814-100504.) Or there is a newer version available? Just checked on rockbox website - there is no radio sapport for Fuze v.2

PS Oops! I’ve just had a look at the rockbox forum and it looks like I’m running the old version of the RB (downloaded at the link shown in this discussion) 

PSS I’ve downloaded and instlalled the up-to-date firmware - now I have radio, though a bit buggy … well, at least there is a radio )

Message Edited by Etoja on 05-06-2010 05:28 PM

Eeeeh, I have read the installation instructions for Rockbox on the V2 Fuze, but I’m still a bit lost. I’m assuming that you have to have access to a Linux based system in order to compile the bootloader and execute the installation without using the installer?

Can someone please throw my Linux-inept self a bone, please?

You don’t need a linux based system to compile (there are directions for Windows too).

That said, we do have a ready compiled bootloader so unless you’re actually working on the port you don’t need to compile anything:

http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/sandisk-sansa/fuzev2/bootloader-fuzev2.sansa 

I’ve tried this bootloader a few times and it always give me a message about not working with the original firmware version I have (fuze02.03.31 is current). It says I need to use 2.02.26.

Is there a bootloader already built for .31 or are we supposed to revert to the older .26 version?

Edit: I downloaded the older .26 firmware and patched it with the latest bootloader. It’s working great for me now. Radio works fine for me, though I’m not much of a radio person. This build is working great and looking really good now.

Message Edited by csavery on 05-12-2010 03:58 AM