Are there ANY possible mods for fuze v2

So i asked a question previously if i could get rockbox for fuze v2 but got a no Smiley Sad

First let me explain myself. The only reason why I wanted rockbox in the fist place was because I saw a video show rockbox doing coverflow and also because I really want a white background with black font. I dont care about games, themes or that other stuff. I am a little OCD when it comes to album art and I like BIG album art. So are there any mods for the fuze that could help me do this, or could just help me get the white background and black text? Thank you guys so much for your help in my previous question. This is a great forum.

PS if there are no such mods do you guys think that the next firmware will allow us to cuztomiz our player more? I hope so! Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

Re: Are there ANY possible mods for fuze v2

In your last thread you were told that you could install rockbox, but most people thought you shouldn't be modding your Sansa at all since you described your self as bad with technology.  I think that answer still applies to what you just asked.
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:17 PM
SanDisk Guru

@TomJensen wrote:
Aw geez just let the poor dude try it.. What's the worst that can happen.. YO EMMANUELLE JUST DO IT!

Cool name by the way saw all your movies.

I didn't say he shouldn't.  And weren't you encouraging him not to install it?  

SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:17 PM
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]
That's how I learned not to dismantle the Fuze (Which I did just for the fun of it). Those things are IMPOSSSIBLE to put back together! After spending almost 3 days trying, I finally had to give up after i broke the screen cable. Then, I got lucky... Best Buy was having a clearence sale on 8 gig Fuzes (whereas mine was only 4 gigs). The OH Robot tongue method prevailsSmiley Very Happy!
Message Edited by microsansa on 05-02-2010 05:26 PM

Tired of the Sansa Media Converter? Try Video4Fuze! It can create smaller videos than SMC, and is WAY more reliable!!!!

SanDisk Fanatic

Speaking of album art, I installed Rockbox on my v1 (The really big nerd at my school gave me a thumbs up for doing this) but none of my album art showed up.  How exactly do I get Rockbox to recognize it?

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

SanDisk Guru

album.jpg in the folder with the music files is easiest.  The album art wiki page explains the other ways you can do it.
Highlighted

the latest build of RB now has write support.

Link

SanDisk Fanatic

@TomJensen wrote:

I call it the OH Robot tongue method of learning.

Okay guys, let's not forget that this is a family forum.  Hiding a word with an exclamation point is pushing it a little, please keep it clean.  We don't want the forums to devolve into... such things.

microsansa

The Sansa Mod Team

Message Edited by microsansa on 05-02-2010 05:25 PM

Frankly, I don't care much for moral nazis. I'll take my leave, and my messages elsewhere. Thanks for all the fish.