Anyone get this loud jumping volume/

When I change the songs on my unit, the volume will just jump up freakishly loud and startle me, then the music will turn off and on.  I ahve to pause the music to make it go away.  ANyone else have this probleM?

Is it possible the phones are not plugged all the way in?  This happens to a lot of people.  The Fuze’s phone jack is very tight at first and can make you think the phones are plugged all the way in when in fact they are not.

Yes, this often happen to me as well. I believe there is a bug with the Sansa Fuze firmware, I’m sure that the phones are plugged all the way in. I tested this and it seems to be a bug or something like that because it happen to me more than 10 times already. I would love if Sansa fix this problem.

@kingofpop3 wrote:
When I change the songs on my unit, the volume will just jump up freakishly loud and startle me, then the music will turn off and on.  I ahve to pause the music to make it go away.  ANyone else have this probleM?

I also get this problem.  It usually happens if I accidentally (or intentionally) turn the wheel as I change the song (as if I were to increase the volume at the same time that I hit the next song button).  It doesn’t always do it though, but it does happen once and awhile.  It is pretty annoying when it does happen so hopefully SanDisk will fix this in their next firmware update.

well, now that i know im not the only one with this problem:neutral_face:

ive been having this aswell.

<—using the latest firmware.

my ears are friggin killing me because this happened:angry:

is it going to be fixed?

There are a couple of other topics that talk about this issue.

The upcoming firmware (released at the end of last month… not) should have a “fix” for this problem.  Though since it is hard to duplicate this problem and the exact cause is unknown, it’s hard to say if the fix that SanDisk came up with will actually correct it.

When the firmware is released, which should be anytime now, I guess we will see if this was fixed. 

i sure as hell hope so, my ears are still ringing from last night =/