Any plans for a 16gb?

if so, how far off is that?

I’d love a 16GB.  Right now my music collection is at about 12GB, and although I expect to add more music to it, I also know I could do a lot of pruning.  :wink:

if you add the new  12 GB MicroSD Card then you would have a 20GB! 

I’d like to ask this question again!

A 16 gig Sansa Fuze with a 32 gig MicroSD card would be really nice!  A 48 gig MP3 player!

I cannot find any 32 gig MicroSD cards yet, but I keep on reading that they will be out soon.

16GB cards are still pricey, and hard to find anywhere but online. 32GB cards probably won’t come out until the second half of the year.

I found            my 16GB microSD card at BestBuy $89.99.Wasn’t hard to find at all…   

Message Edited by shmince on 02-03-2009 06:48 PM

Imo we will probably see a 16 gig Fuze soon enough. Imo at least part of the reason for not releasing  a 16 gig Fuze is the 4,000 song limit. Once it is expanded to 8,000 with the next firmware update(hopefully before April?) then releasing a 16 gig Fuze would make sense.

Message Edited by JK98 on 02-04-2009 01:55 AM

Any news on a larger capacity fuze?

Or even a larger capacity sansa view?

@andrewaaa5 wrote:

Any news on a larger capacity fuze?

Or even a larger capacity sansa view?

Nothing new yet on the Fuze, and Sansa seems to have abandoned the View line, without saying so.

It is a real shame. I like the Sansa system, but the capacity it very low. I know several people that play their entire collection (ripped from CDs) on iPODs plugged into their home stereos for the sake of convenience.

I wish Sandisk would bring our something bigger ( ? are you reading sandisk :wink: ? )

@andrewaaa5 wrote:

It is a real shame. I like the Sansa system, but the capacity it very low. I know several people that play their entire collection (ripped from CDs) on iPODs plugged into their home stereos for the sake of convenience.

I wish Sandisk would bring our something bigger ( ? are you reading sandisk :wink: ? )

There are many who are clamoring for it, both with the Fuze and Clip. I started out with my Fuze hooked to the stereo, then later on just hooked the cord into the computer instead, so the whole collection is there, running into the stereo. I just hope the new models come out when I’m not broke.:wink:

@andrewaaa5 wrote:

Everybody wants something different with their players.  I came to Sandisk after having one of those ultra-high capacity machines; and I am so happy that I did.  I hated that beast of a high capacity unit.  It was like carrying around a lunchbox; not exactly the panacea of portablility. No machine made is going to store my entire collection anyway, so it is little concern to me that the clip and fuze have only 8GB of internal storage.  I have a handful of memory cards and when I want something new, I just simply pop in a different card (that is if I’m using the fuze)…

I know there are plenty here that disagree with me, but maybe Sandisk can strike a happy balance in the future.  Have an ultra-capacity machine AND a fuze or clip-type unit in the line for those that are more concerned with portability than capacity.

You paid to much. :smiley:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDSDQ-016G-A11M-Sandisk-16GB-Microsd/dp/B001F6YRNO

My brother got me a 16GB SanDisk microSD card for $49.99 at Office Depot this past Saturday when he got his new laptop.  It was normally $99.99.  So, now I have a 20GB Fuze!

16 gb micro SD cards are > $40 now if you search

J&R had a deal for $34 shipped, but it’s OOS right now.

seriously i’ve found writing to the internal memory on the fuze is a lot slower than writing to a microsd card in an adapter.

(and it rocks to be able to share microSD cards with other folks) 

So is 16gb Micro SD card the limit for the Fuze, or is the limit only due to 16gb being the largest card currently available?

32GB is the max for microSDHC. Sandisk is in the process of making them (some test units were available last spring), and is supposed to start shipping this summer. The will probably be pricey, though!

“32GB is the max for microSDHC. Sandisk is in the process of making them (some test units were available last spring), and is supposed to start shipping this summer. The will probably be pricey, though!”

but could the Fuze handle this size of 32GB (theoretically?)

@andrewaaa5 wrote:

“32GB is the max for microSDHC. Sandisk is in the process of making them (some test units were available last spring), and is supposed to start shipping this summer. The will probably be pricey, though!”

but could the Fuze handle this size of 32GB (theoretically?)

Yes. The Fuze is designed to be compatible with all cards that comply with the microSD or microSDHC specs. The HC spec goes up to 32 GB.